As the storm approaches

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

As the storm approaches

Post by rcperryls »

Hopefully Karen was able to get through what was a very major hurricane She was pretty close to the center of the storm I think. Right now Ian is making a straight beeline to my house but fortunately, I hope,with a bit less ferocity than he hit Florida. The possibility of losing power and internet is there, so if y’all don’t hear from me for a few days that is most likely why.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Arianwen

Re: As the storm approaches

Post by Arianwen »

Stay safe Carole! Fingers crossed you dont get hit too badly (Or at all if possible!)
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you. I already had a tree fall in the street without much wind. Fortunately a neighbors son came with a chainsaw and several others offered help. I was able to get our town’s public services to finish removing it because it had been a big and heavy maple and removing trees that block roadways is important and today was not near as busy as I am sure the weekend will be. We e been through tropical storms and cat 1 and 2 hurricanes so we are keeping :x: and paws crossed and :pray: that tomorrow goes by quickly. My heart is so with the people of Florida.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Stay safe.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
mags

Post by mags »

Yes - stay safe - I don't like wind!
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

Good Lucky Carole, we will be thinking of you

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: I am back!! This area didn't get a direct hit, but still got a lot of rain as well as some pretty bad wind gusts. Naturally the worst part came through after dark Wednesday night and finally started to diminish Thursday morning. My house lost power about 7 pm Wednesday night and just came back on Friday night around 8 pm. It also meant no running water as I am on a private well which is operated electrically. Thank goodness the temperature after the hurricane went through was quite pleasant only in the 70's rather than the mid 90's we had been having recently. Very little issues here other than that, minimal branches and leaves to get picked up. Thank goodness I had recently had trees trimmed around the house as well as having two huge trees cut down.
Great to be back, ad Carole, I hope that you didn't get too much bad weather from Ian.
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

That is great news. So glad to hear you're OK. The pictures on the news show some astonishing levels of damage.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Great to see you back, Karen. :hug:

I hope that Carole is safe too as the storm hits S Carolina
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'm back too. and so glad to see you Karen. :whoop: I was worried about you. the videos from Florida are horrific.
We truly lucked out. The storm made landfall just north of us and at low tide so we missed the worst part. Got here Friday morning and was gone by the afternoon. Power was out for a few hours. Lost internet and cable tv but I was able to use my phone as a hotspot so could get
internet that way. Everything is back this morning. the weird part is that part of a large maple tree in my front yard fell onto the street Thursday at about 11:00 am. We'd only had a few gusts of no where near tropical force and the tree was healthy. I thought. A neighbor sent her son with a chainsaw to clear some away. I called out town Public Service department and they sent a crew to move it off the road. Then around 5:30 Friday morning another big limb fell off the tree. I didn't even have to call them because they were by 8:00 checking it, I guess and cut and moved it. I'm sending a big thank you note via a neighborhood newsletter. Lots of limbs and twigs all over the place but no flooding here. Can't wait for November 30, the end of "hurricane season"

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: So glad that you didn't get too bad of weather from Ian, Carole!! Hurricane season can't end soon enough for me!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m glad you’re both safe. My Florida friends came through safely, as well. One, in Lakewood Ranch, lost a few shrubs and a couple screen panels from her lanai. The other, in Parrish, lost a shed on her screened in lanai. They lucked out as Ian shifted a bit further south. Neither was in an evacuation zone, but if they had been, I guarantee they would have followed the evac orders. I have very smart friends.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends