Stashmas 2022?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sojourner

Stashmas 2022?

Post by Sojourner »

This has no doubt been aired before ,and I've missed it, but now the pandemic has somewhat receded, are we thinking Stashmas once again?
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
fccs

Re: Stashmas

Post by fccs »

I hope so. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: Stashmas

Post by rcperryls »

Last year we exchanged cards that we made. The cost of shipping has gotten ridiculously high and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I would be glad to be part of a card exchange again depending on how many of us are interested. Will require at least two people. I've been wondering myself. I'm going to "stick" this thread so it won't get lost and that will give everyone who is interested a chance to think about it. We usually start this early September so it might be closer to Christmas than we usually have it. One option might be to exchange cards for Valentine's Day instead?
Just a thought. probably not a good one. Is October 15 too late for people to decide?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Re: Stashmas 2022?

Post by fccs »

I didn’t think of the timing. If I’m stitching a card, I obviously don’t pick a design until I know my recipient. I’m a slow stitcher so I wonder (now that you brought it up), if there would be time for me to finish and get it in the mail. Is Valentine’s Day celebrated world wide or is it just a US commercial thing?

I definitely want to do something.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Good question. I have no idea if Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark or International holiday. Maybe there is an International Day that we can substitute for an exchange this year and then remember stashmas next year in time?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Valentine's Day is certainly celebrated in the UK, and most of Europe, plus the Antipodes, so is pretty much International.
Good idea about cards only, given the eye watering post prices nowadays.
I'm happy to go with Xmas cards this year.
Last edited by Sojourner on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Not sure about Valentine's. I live with my valentine, and wouldn't feel terribly comfortable about sending a card to anyone else due to the patent insincerity displayed. Didn't we decide mid October last year for the cards? I can remember frantically stitching during my lunch break at work last year for most of last November.

Ahh. Edited to add: Last year's was started here: https://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32124. 3 October, so we're a little ahead of that.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Richard, you are entirely correct - on reflection, my wife would not be keen if I send/receive a Valentine card to/from anyone other than herself, so maybe Xmas cards would be better. :)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

If Christmas is too early to get cards made in time... how about New Year? :idea:

After a 'difficult' year with much change perhaps looking forward is a good idea. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 am Didn't we decide mid October last year for the cards? I can remember frantically stitching during my lunch break at work last year for most of last November.
Ahh. Edited to add: Last year's was started here: https://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32124. 3 October, so we're a little ahead of that.

Regards,

Richard.
Thank you for doing the research on this, Richard. We have plenty of time to do a repeat of the Great Stashmas Card Exchange. Last year members needed to sign up to participate by October 21 and cards needed to be sent by Dec 1. If that sounds reasonable to everyone I'll start a thread and be glad to set up the list etc. All we need is a minimum of 2 people so let's see how many we get. ( And now no one will have to worry about his (or her) spouse or significant other being the least bit concerned about Valentine's day exchanges.)

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Sounds like a plan.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Sounds good to me.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk