It's been a while ...

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BizzieLizzie

It's been a while ...

Post by BizzieLizzie »

... but I'm back! :D :wave:

Life's been throwing me curve balls over the last couple of years. DH was made redundant and struggled to find a new job, which meant I had to put in extra hours to make ends meet. Then after about a year, and just before Covid hit, he got a job on the other side of the country and we decided to relocate, which meant selling the flat. Only, no one wants to buy a one-bedroom flat in a pandemic when everyone's in lockdown and hankering after more space, so we couldn't sell it and ended up renting it out instead. Then the conveyancing solicitor told me he'd miscalculated the land tax on the new house and could I please send him another £7,000 :shock: (after we'd completed and moved in), then the freeholders of the flat told me they wanted £7,500 (within 3 months! :shock: ) for repairs to the balcony. And I lost a dear friend to cancer during the pandemic. All while trying to recover from anxiety and depression. So, not much stitching got done.

Anyway, we're settled into our new house, the solicitor has been paid, the balcony is almost paid for, my anxiety is under control, and the road ahead looks a little smoother. I'm sure there'll be the odd hurdle but I'm pretty sure the worst is behind us. What's more, my stitchy bug has been following me around for the last few days demanding attention so I'm treating myself to a well deserved day off work today to spend stitching, and probably all weekend too. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

Hope you're all keeping well. I'll post a SAL update when I've made some progress.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

wendywombat

Re: It's been a while ...

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: :whoop: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:

Goodness you have had a rough ride...but it seems you have (almost) got through the chaos and are surviving! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Fantastic to see you here again!
You may notice a few changes and additions to the Forum.

I've moved from SW France and we are now in the Scottish Borders and settling in nicely. Boy! Is it great to be North of the Border at last! Somewhere I always wanted to live. :wub:

Your Stitching Bug will be happy to be in use again. :rainbow:

Did you know that all returnees are entitled to a Big Treat in the S&G so :toast: :toast: :balloons: :balloons:
See you there! 8)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
WELCOME BACK!!!!!I You have been missed. What a time you have had! Sounds like you have gotten through the worst of it. We've all had those times when our stitching bugs have taken long vacations. I know mine has. Looking forward to seeing your projects. And so glad to hear from you. See you in the S&G. Welcome Home parties are the best ones!! :toast: :toast:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

So good to have you back! And what a time you've been having of it :grouphug:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You know, I saw you'd logged in this morning when I was briefly online, and I was hoping you'd post and not simply catch up. And here you are. :dance:

Golly, but you and your chap have had a hard road! It must have seemed almost impossible, and yet here you are on the other side, just about, and your stitchy bug has returned, too. Well done!

Yes, the S&G has been decked out in Bizzy Lizzys (Impatiens walleriana) in your honour, and whatever you wish for is behind the bar. In the meantime, I've made some scones, but they're almost gone, and there's tea in the pot.
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Oh my goodness, what a lovely welcome back. Thank you, ladies!
wendywombat wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:48 am we are now in the Scottish Borders and settling in nicely
Wendy, DH is in your neck of the woods at the moment! He's a keen hill walker and is on holiday up there with his best mate. They're coming back on Sunday but they've had a wonderful time and the weather has been kind to them (mostly :lol: )

I got 168 stitches done on Coniferous Forest today, which is more in one day than I've done in a long time so I'm calling that a win.

I'm heading over to the S&G before the scones run out. Who's joining me? :cake: :tea:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

Welcome back. Eager to see your stitching Again. What a rough go you had of it. I’ve been there too and it seems like around the time of moving that’s when everyone wants a payment for something. Glad you’re on the other side of it.
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Welcome back (with me! I think we had similar thoughts about the same time).

Honestly my blood pressure would have hit the roof being asked to fork over 14k in short order. Big whuf. I'm glad it's leveling out!
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Nice to see you again. Think everyone has had a hard time in the last year or so. Glad things are picking up again for you.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation