Yates DMC vintage flower patterns

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Cherkin

Yates DMC vintage flower patterns

Post by Cherkin »

Years ago DMC Australia released a series of kits with patterns of vintage flower seed packets from the Australian horticulture company Yates. The kits have been discontinued for years and I am still trying to find the patterns for the carnation and rose kits. Any help or tips on how to find these would be greatly appreciated!
rcperryls

Re: Yates DMC vintage flower patterns

Post by rcperryls »

Hello Cherkin. I would say welcome to the forum from South Carolina, but I See that you have been a member for quite a while. :wave: I will say welcome to posting on the forum. So glad to hear from you.

I have never seen any of the patterns you are looking for, but I’m sure if anyone has seen them or knows how to find them they will reply. I would probably look on eBay but imagine you have already tried most of those places. I hope if you find them you will show us what you are stitching. I am guessing you have all the others in the group?

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Cherkin

Post by Cherkin »

Thanks Carole! I haven’t been active on the forum for a long time. Lockdown has inspired me to get back into stitching, so I’m trying to find these old patterns. I have a picture of the carnation one, but can’t find a picture or the roses pattern. Hopefully one of the members here can help me find them.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That's a very pretty pattern! I hope someone will know more about them.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I did find this one for "Yates Blue Flowers" - and there were several sold listings on Etsy so that may be worth keeping an eye on.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Being locked down does bring with it the need to fill one's time a bit more. So glad Mabel replied because I think I also meant to say try Etsy too. Did you try to contact DMC as well? I don't think they keep old patterns but maybe they have one lying around?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Cherkin

Post by Cherkin »

Thanks Mabel and Carole. I already have the blue flowers one and the daffodil and fruit ones. I’m keeping an eye on Etsy and eBay just in case the two I am looking for turn up. I also sent a message to DMC, but haven’t heard anything from them yet. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that I can find them one way or another.