Framers recommendation?

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Wise Owl

Framers recommendation?

Post by Wise Owl »

I have never framed a finished piece before. I don’t mind giving it a go in the future, but I was thinking of sending it to get framed from a professional.

I’ve looked online, but does anyone have any recommendations please for online or local shops? I live in the Berkshire area.

At the moment I was looking at Stitch and frame but I don’t know how much they cost.
Anything framed is about £60 - is this roughly how much I should looking to pay?

It’s for the balloon baby DMC, 19x20cm.
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Framers recommendation?

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Prices depend on several things, for example if you want glass and if so what quality; whether you have a mount (or even a double or triple mount); the type of frame; and of course the framer!

The one in our village is charging about £70 for mounting my two SAL Trees of Life in one large (portrait oriention) frame with a single mount with two circular apertures cut into it and no glass. I'm not absolutely sure what the finished size is but the two apertures are about 9 and 10-1/2 inches, so prob. about 13 to 14 inches wide and 22 to 23 inches tall.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Wise Owl

Re: Framers recommendation?

Post by Wise Owl »

Thank you Mabel!
I found a local framer and visited them today. They were very patient with me, and I’m hoping to collect in two weeks 😊
🦉
WIP:
The Great Wave 🌊 - DMC British Museum
Christmas Stitch-a-long - Cross Stitcher magazine Part 2
2020 Complete:
Baby balloon- DMC
Thank you Floral card - The World of Cross Stitching Sep 2017
Yellow rose - Hobbycraft
Legend of the sea