Posting Pictures into a Thread (revised 04/09/2022)

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Posting Pictures into a Thread (revised 04/09/2022)

Post by rcperryls »

A small note added that shows an alternative for Step 2 which can make it a littles faster and easier. (At least it is for me)

Its time to update this thread, which didn't really have current information and suggests some websites that either are no longer in existence or have changed their policy from being free to charging a fee. There are, however, quite a few websites that are available at no cost. Any site that will let you upload a photo of your project or any other picture you want to share, and then allows you to copy it to a thread should work fine. Choose what you are comfortable with. Feel free to add to this thread which site you use and the directions how to use it.

I use PostImage.
There aren't many steps and the directions are pretty clear (I think), but I've been doing it for quite some time now so it's hard for me to really evaluate that.
1) Sign up Click the button on the top right of the first page you see: Image.

2) Click on the Upload button Image. This will take you to this page and click on choose images. Image
This will take you to the device that stores your photos. For me it is the computer, but could be a tablet or smart phone. Choose the photo(s) you want and they will be uploaded to your PostImage page.

Added 04/09/2022: Another way that is faster and easier which I have been using the last few months is to open the app or file that stores your photos (On my mac it is an app called "Photos" :doh:). Open Postimages. Click on the photo you want to post and drag it into the gallery you want to store it in.

3) Choose the photo you want from the gallery where it is stored. If you don't have different galleries, it will be in the default gallery. when you
choose the photo. You can either click directly on the "share" icon Image or click on the photo which will enlarge it. Either will bring you to this page: Image Go to the line which is "thumbnail for forums" (black arrow). At the end of the row is the "share icon"(red arrow). Clicking on that will copy the link.

4) Return to your post here on the forum, and depending on what device you use, paste the link directly into the post. You do not need to use the forum's link. Just paste directly into the box.

5) Not required, but I always look at a preview of the post before submitting it because I have been known to click something other than what I intended and its easier to fix it before I submit.

Hope this isn't confusing. I wrote this as simply as I could with the pictures because that is what I would need to follow directions. If I have made a mistake in describing how to use Postimage, please let me know so I can correct this.

Hope this helps.

Periodically a website that many of us use will change their policy and begin to require payment. For newer members, you might find on occasion that an older thread may have a photo not available or covered by a watermark or some other mark that makes the picture unviewable.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Re: Posting Pictures into a Thread (revised 3/31/2020)

Post by poppy »

Thank you, Carole.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Midge

Post by Midge »

Thanks. I’ll give it a go.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

thank you Carol :applesauce:
lucienalta

Post by lucienalta »

Thanks, I signed up and makes it much easier in many instances to posting an image(images) to a website. Lucie