Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Sojourner

Re: Sojourner's Betsy Morgan Etui casket

Post by Sojourner »

Serinde wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:35 pm
Sojourner wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:30 pm Image

First stage of the lid
Does any of the fabric fold over to form the underside of the lid?
Once the panels are stitched with the insect and butterfly designs, the plan is to iron on the fusible interfacing, then cut around the shape, leaving a hem allowance. Hopefully, when the inside edges are sewn together, the lid will actually fit on the box, but I'm prepared for a glitch, in which case I'll make a new box to suit the lid - in hindsight it would have been better to make the lid first. It's certainly not an easy project. I really need to get it finished - even with a mark 2 box - by August Bank Holiday, which is the BIG day here: the local Crafts and Produce Show, with classes for embroidery, cross stitch, knitting etc, as well as all the stuff we grow on allotment/garden. A silver cup (or even a winning rosette) is fame indeed, and will echo down the corridors of history.... :lol: :lol:
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, I appreciate the pressure of a local show. Ours is also in August and sounds a lot like yours... :tizzy:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

At the speed you've been going an August deadline should be, if not a doddle then at least utterly feasible!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Can I also say that I feel your pain regarding instructions for these boxes. The Tall Year Square (also Debbie Morgan) is a mammoth task, and in some parts, the learning curve is pretty vertiginous. :roll: But, like your lovely box, it'll be worth it in the end.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Everything you have stitched for this box is beautiful. Looking forward to the lid now... :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I was on the Inspirations website and came across an Errata sheet for the Willing Hands book, and wasn't sure whether you might have seen this. But if not, then it might be handy! It includes a few things for the casket you are stitching :oops:
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Thanks, Serinde, also for your pm. Can't get anywhere with the errata link, but I'm a little way off finishing the lid - most difficult part. As ever, got side tracked by other craft stuff! How are you getting on with your etui kit?
I'm working flat out on the Bayeaux pattern, almost finished the first panel - pics soon!!
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Try here and scroll down. Most of the errors, and there were only a handful, so my editorial hat goes off to them, were in the measurements of the accessories. And one in the colour key of the casket, which won't affect you. However, I thought that you'd want to be aware, in case you stitched any of the other lovely items.
Sojourner wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:37 pm How are you getting on with your etui kit?
Haven't started yet...