Not getting notifications?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Not getting notifications?

Post by rcperryls »

Just wondering if anyone else is not getting notified when someone posts a reply to a thread you are subscribed to? I almost always subscribe to threads I have started and usually get an email from the forum that tells me there has been a reply and that until I check it, I won't get any other notifications. Also used to get notified if someone has sent me a p.m. That hasn't been happening for a while either, and was wondering if it is just a glitch with me or a problem others are having. Not critical but something I'd been used to.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Garnet

Re: Not getting notifications?

Post by Garnet »

Yes carole, this happens to me too, not for my own subscriptions or for pm's either.

It is annoying as another member had sent me a pm which I did not see see until the next time I logged in, thankfully the other member understood instead of thinking I was ignoring her.

I have pm'd Alex a few days ago but it's still sitting in my outbox, I guess notifications aren't working for him either. It would be helpful to the notifications back again.

Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I haven't posted in a while, so I can't really say, but most of the time when I come to the forum, I still get that 'dangerous site' warning screen. When I click through, I am logged out and have to log in again.

WIP
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I never use notification so I can't help there; but I did use to get a pop-up box when visiting the forum if there was a message in my Inbox, and it's stopped doing that.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel, I don't think I ever got a pop up box but the envelope at the top of the screen that usually says 0 new messages (not quite the right color but close) will indicate how many pms I have if I've received some since my last visit. If this isn't happening for your own subscriptions or pm's, when is it happening? The notification I am referring to is an email that lets me know that someone has either posted to a thread I've subscribed to, or has sent me a pm.

Allyn, I didn't know anyone was still getting that warning screen. The only long term effects that I'd been aware of since we were so brutally hacked, is that a few of our icons don't work. I tried to use the "lion tamer" yesterday and it shows up as "lion tamper". Deleting the "p" didn't help.

Is anyone else getting that warning screen also? I'll try to get in touch with Alex and let him know.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I get the warning screen also, with a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the address bar.

Maybe I didn't word my response correctly, I don't get any email notifications of posts to topics I've subscribed to and I don't get email notifications of pms, very much the same as you Carole.

I wonder if it does have something to do with the attack :thinks:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:I never use notification so I can't help there; but I did use to get a pop-up box when visiting the forum if there was a message in my Inbox, and it's stopped doing that.

I'm the same. I remember many years back I did 'click' that option to be notified when a post was answered, but very quickly realised that I visited the Forum every day so there was no point and deleted the option.
As for P/M's I got into the habit of looking at the top of the page to see if I had any messages.

So, bottom line, sorry can't help there Carole!! :?
mags

Post by mags »

I am still getting "Malicious Website" on my phone and tablet, but not on laptop :roll: so I am not visiting very often :(
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have sent Alex an email telling him about both issues. Stick with your laptop for now, mags. We want to keep hearing from you!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

The red triangle in the address bar is because the site is 'http' and not 'https'. It is part of the effort by Google and other browser suppliers to try to convince everyone on the web to use encrypted data. In the case of CSF it's totally un-necessary.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Carole - Thank you for emailing Alex, it would be good to get notifications if possible :D

Richard - Thank you for that explanation, I agree it's totally un-necessary for the forum to have to have a security certificate, I thought that was supposed to be for websites with financial transactions. Infuriating for google and other conglomerates to try to change the protocol of websites :tantrum:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you for the explanation, Richard. That explains why my iPad now has the word Not Secure in the address bar. Just showed up a week or two ago. I thought it was probably the result of some iOS update.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I've contacted :alex: about this difficulty with notification on subscribed threads.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I can gain access through Firefox but Chromium brings up a BRIGHT RED WARNING PAGE I shall clear the Cache and see what happens!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

The red page warning is unnerving, isn't it. I also let Alex know that some members are still getting that awful page. I wonder if some of it is related to browsers. :x: Alex can resolve this and the notification problem also.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

It seems to be on Chromium Browser. I don't have a problem with Firefox.
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I got that warning page today for the first time, also using the Chroms browser.
Sina
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

This whole thing is weird!
I get a very 'bald' page on Firefox and can't use the smilies!!
Still have the red Page on Chrome.
What is Even 'Funnier' on my Samsung Tablet No Problem at all!!

*edit*
Here I am now on MSM and I can get everything including Smilies!! :whoop:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Perhaps we are being reminded not to be toooo dependent on the intertubes...? :shock: :faint: