Starry Night with Tardis

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ubermuter

Starry Night with Tardis

Post by ubermuter »

I have just returned to cross stitch after many years and time with retirement. I am jumping right into an albeit complicated pattern but I want to add the Tardis into the pattern. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. I found the old thread to Terry Lightfoot's design but just have access to the finished photo.
rcperryls

Re: Starry Night with Tardis

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! and welcome back to stitching! If you have been gone for a long time you will find so many new things to pick from. Be warned that we will encourage you in any way we can!

Several of our members over the year have stitched Starry Night with Tardis have gotten it from another member who has created custom charts and has had permission to chart this design. We haven't heard from her in a while but you could try to contact her. This thread "Custom Made Charts" explains how it has worked before. I know she also has a FB page but I wasn't able to connect to it, so can't be sure. I do hope that when you find the chart that you will stay with us and provide updates on your progress. And on any other projects you work on.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
ubermuter

Post by ubermuter »

Thanks, Carole, I do plan on staying connected. I hope this first project will be worth showing off. I did find this resource from the searches for Starry Night with Tardis and the post from skitzzzzz. And, yes, she is no longer connected to this site. I will try the link you provided or just try charting it out myself. I do love the Terry Lightfoot artwork that blends it in with the original painting instead of a realistic Tardis on the abstract art.
Thanks again!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hello and Welcome from me too in very warm Brisbane where summer has arrived in a rush. Good to read that you are now able to spend some time stitching again and I look forward to seeing your work. Good Luck with finding a chart of the Tardis. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
ubermuter

Post by ubermuter »

Thank you, from Wisconsin where autumn is quickly feeling like winter is close at hand.
ubermuter

Post by ubermuter »

Here is my project so far. It is about 2/3s done. I'm not the happiest with my TARDIS addition but overall I think it is pretty cool.

[img]http:tinypic.com/r/sl36nn/9[/img]