2018 Deliveries & Stash Acquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

Re: 2018 Deliveries & Stash Acquisitions

Post by Squirrel »

Some good buys there Dawn. It is always a bonus to get something a bit cheaper than usual. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A little while ago I mentioned I was going to buy 2 of Merjka's kits It's Coffee O'clock and It's Always Tea-time. I did get them but kept forgetting to add some photos for you. so here they are. :)

They will be done once I have got all 4 of the English bird ones done and possibly in between some of the Wrendale Designs I have sort of acquired too..

WIPS
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Squirrel wrote:A little while ago I mentioned I was going to buy 2 of Merjka's kits It's Coffee O'clock and It's Always Tea-time. I did get them but kept forgetting to add some photos for you. so here they are. :)

They will be done once I have got all 4 of the English bird ones done and possibly in between some of the Wrendale Designs I have sort of acquired too..

WIPS
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:possibly in between some of the Wrendale Designs I have sort of acquired too..
What does "sort of acquired mean" please? Is that when stash appears magically? or perhaps gifted? Certainly not purchased?

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Carole I had no intentions of buying any of the Wrendale's but somehow I found myself doing just that for 3 of them!!!!! Birds of a Feather
The Poppy Field The diet Starts Tomorrow. ::) ) am not going to look at any more - I hope

WIPS
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Squirrel wrote:Carole I had no intentions of buying any of the Wrendale's but somehow I found myself doing just that for 3 of them!!!!! Birds of a Feather
The Poppy Field The diet Starts Tomorrow. ::) ) am not going to look at any more - I hope
LOL!!! I do know how that happens!! Love your two new kits, they look so pretty!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

"Merejka"'s designs are a pure pleasure to stitch. Their charts are perfect. Take me correctly, but after "Merejka", you will become very demanding/critical to other designers' charts. Their only "minus" for me is their charts' being black and white, while I prefer colour symbolic ones. Happy stitching!
Lyudmila
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

OK I needed to vent my annoyance somewhere so thought this place was as good as any. I ordered four pieces of Wrendale fabric the other day from Bothy Threads and it arrived yesterday. I wouldn't have bothered if I had known they had started putting their name and arrows on them! I find it very distracting and not only are the arrows so close to the edge it will be difficult to mount and frame them without seeing them (some of the designs are right at the edge so you would need to get the measurements spot on) the name if you want to turn the fabric round to organise a design to suit the spots it will be annoying to have the name facing the wrong way either upside down or facing east or west. I know I must sound like a crazy person and I really am grateful to them (they were £6 each and I asked to have them sent as flat as possible) but all this because some stupid person on the Facebook group posted a photo of their work where they had started but had gone out the speckles with their design can they not fold fabric to get the centre? Even a ruler count? The charts are big enough to count the stitch count before starting to make sure you get it dead centre. Anyway off to sulk for a bit and stop rabbiting on.

Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

How inconsiderate of Bothy Threads to do that on the fabric. Do they expect you to find teeny tiny charts of Wrendales? I've not opened my 3 charts but I will be doing so very soon and checking there is no extraneous markings of them.

PS All OK in the kits.

WIPS
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I'm guessing this is now a new thing and will start properly when the new releases come out next month.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I looked at my fabric from Pamela Puffin. As you know I'm using linen. My Bothy speckled fabric has no arrows or printed name on it.
It's 14" x 15" excluding the selvage edge.

You are welcome to it Nicola as I shan't use it.
I'll p/m you
Last edited by wendywombat on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Crazy "trend". And useless. If the idea has something to do with copyright, it wont help. If this is just to make the fabric recognizable, their spots are recognizable enough.

By the way, I bought two metres of Zweighart in summer and it is hard/stiff? even after I have finished stitching Luca-S' Guelder Rose on it. Zweighart never is like that. But the orange thread at the edge was there all right.
Lyudmila
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Nicola, is it save to wash these fabrics?
Maybe the arrows will wash out?
Sina
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Podolyanka I honestly don't think it's to do with copyright or anything like that some of the other styles have this on the fabric like the Fairytale collection. I think it was based on this woman not getting it centred so they've decided to add the arrows so people know where to start. It's honestly not that difficult to get the middle and it is completely pointless.

Sina I never wash my finished projects so would still see them. I will be interested to find out what other people think when they receive their kits and whether they like it or not. I must be the first person to get the style so not everyone will have seen it yet.
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I thought maybe you could wash the fabric before you start stitching on it, but I really don't know if either the arrows or, worse, the speckles on the fabric would wash out.
Sina
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Oh yeah of course how silly of me! I don't think the speckles would come out after a wash as that's the distinguishing feature of a Wrendale so not sure about the arrows.
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Might be worth a try though :wave:
Sina
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Nicola, from my 50 years experience of stitching I do recommend you to start washing your finishes. Believe me, some threads look much better (cleaner) after the procedure. Not to mention that unless we work in rubber gloves, our skin's fat and sweat are there, even if invisible, regardless of how often we wash our hands, so with the years the fabric may show yellowish spots here and there.

And yes, I agree with you that Bothy Threads put those arrows for the reason for which microwave manufacturers include into their instructions the warnings like "Dont dry your pet in the microwave". Just in case.
Lyudmila
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Podolyanka wrote:And yes, I agree with you that Bothy Threads put those arrows for the reason for which microwave manufacturers include into their instructions the warnings like "Dont dry your pet in the microwave". Just in case.
The crazy part of that is that most of the ridiculous warnings that are on products is because someone sued a company on whatever the incident was.

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

rcperryls wrote:
Podolyanka wrote:And yes, I agree with you that Bothy Threads put those arrows for the reason for which microwave manufacturers include into their instructions the warnings like "Dont dry your pet in the microwave". Just in case.
The crazy part of that is that most of the ridiculous warnings that are on products is because someone sued a company on whatever the incident was.

Carole
Because people are so stupid! lol

Nicola, I would be really pissed off too. That's just awful.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram