Hi from UK

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

butterflies&bees

Hi from UK

Post by butterflies&bees »

Hi all, I am Lisbeth & love butterflies & bees, cats & flowers. Enjoy stitching brightly coloured flowers. Also geisha & other subjects but have several flower charts & kits to x stitch.

Hope to rediscover my embroidery & crewel work skills too - have not done those for a long time. Recently bought 2 embroidery kits - poppies is one, wild briars is the other, both by Design Perfection. Over the years have collected a few tapestry kits along the way. Plenty to go on with now I have more time.

Can you recommend good flower x stich chart books please? I have bought one which should arrive soon but as you are more up-to-date with things than I am I'd be grateful for your choices. There are not many in our library- - the librarians say they would like more craft books & will order any I should like to look at.

Lisbeth
karen4bells

Re: Hi from UK

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!! I have no suggestions for books on flower cross stitch but I am sure that one or more of our members will be able to make some suggestions!! Great to have you here and looking forward to seeing your posts!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

butterflies&bees

Thank you.

I am not nearly as accomplished as many on here but I do my best. Hope to improve of course. But, it is a hobby & I do enjoy stitching - that is unless anything to do with a sewing machine! Never have got on with one even when I had my own machine. Mostly made curtains & then only when needed.

Lisbeth
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Hi Lisbeth and welcome :wave: I love stitching flowers too! I bought this book a while ago, although I haven't stitched anything from it yet, it is full of great designs and very life-like :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thea-Gouverneu ... 1740456734" target="_blank
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: I am looking forward to seeing some of your work :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave: And you have asked to be enabled to seek out new designs. Oh, boy. This is going to be fun! :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Lisbeth and :wave: Welcome from me too in rather chilly Brisbane. It is so good that you have joined us and I am sure that there are several people who can direct you to flower design books. :) There is a wealth of talent on this forum.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Hi Lizbeth, and welcome from the largest European country's (Russia is not European, it is Euro-Asian) capital- Kyiv.

I wont die of modesty, but I must say that I have stitched more flowers than many people have in their gardens. So, if you are looking for charts of flowers, first of all I would recommend those by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. So far I have not seen more beautiful, more realistic, and always with 3D effect cross stitched flowers and better designed charts. They are absolutely easy to stitch from, and the result is always perfect without any backstitch, mind you.

Second is Lesley Teare. She has a wonderful blog and you can always learn about her latest charts. There is a link there to the shop where you can buy them.

Merejka's wreaths are fantastic, I have stitched some, so take my word for it, you will never regret if you stitch them. Speaking about Merejka, of all modern cross stitch designers, Merejka's are such experts in their field, that you cant find fault with any- whichever chart you stitch, the result will be amazing and always better than you expected.

Next is Luca-S - My favourite is his "Guelder Rose", but there are many others well worth being stitched.

As for books, there are too many to start listing them here and it all depends on what flowers you are looking for- tastes differ, as we know.

I hope this helps.
Lyudmila
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Lyudmila I agree with you r.e. Ellen Maurer Stroh I love her designs and have a few in my stash I need to do! xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hello from me too in SW France. I'm a fan of Véronique Enginger. Her flowers are wonderful.
https://www.frenchneedle.com/" target="_blank
They look like Botanical drawings. Her site in English is The French Needle and is priced in $ but there's also a French site in € but you can get her stuff from Amazon. . I stitched her Poppies.

https://www.lesbrodeusesparisiennes.com ... e-enginger" target="_blank

You are going to get so much enabling here. :lol:
Last edited by wendywombat on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
brightflowers

Post by brightflowers »

Hello I have just joined too. Look forward to seeing your work :)
Jo :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome to the forum - and we can tell what projects we'll see from your forum name :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
butterflies&bees

Thank you all for messages & recommendations. I go on holiday later today & will check out those designers & books on my return.
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Hi and welcome to the forum from Germany!

I, too, just love stitching flowers and lots of my favourites have already been mentioned in the above posts. You could also take a look at designs by Gerda Bengtsson and Permin of copenhagen, some of them are very lifelike as well, some are a little more stylized. The same goes for designs by Kazuko Aoki, she has a beautiful book which has been translated into the English language. As for bright and cheery flowers, I am stitching a beautiful wreath by Riolis at the moment, and they have lots of cheerful flower designs (but they sell only kits, charts are unfortunately not available separately).
Sina
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum from a slightly moist Kent.
Agree with you about liking cats. As for the rest, sorry, not a great deal of help.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! There are so many lovely charts and designs of flowers that it is almost overwhelming. And I'm sure there are more suggestions to come.
Serinde wrote: And you have asked to be enabled to seek out new designs. Oh, boy. This is going to be fun!
As Serinde said enabling each other to increase stash is one of our most favorite endeavors!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Hi from Northern California. Silver Linings has a lot of pretty flower designs. If the one I stitched had come out right, it would have been gorgeous. lol
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram