Hello - help required

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

laura-rose

Hello - help required

Post by laura-rose »

Hello,

Laura-Rose signing up & I wonder if you could help me please? I'm looking for printable Anchor to DMC conversion chart.

After several years have decided to return to x-stitch. Recently been gifted several tapestries by a man who is now unable to do them. These gave me the impetus to sort through my own crafts collection. Surprising how much I had squirrelled away.

Have several kitten kits, cottage gardens, scenic & others ; some I had forgotten about - a red squirrel kit & also a fox one. Found a few charts & one of the cottage garden ones uses Anchor only & while I have quite a few Anchor threads there are bound to be some I do not have. Those I can stitch in DMC as I have a lot more of their colours but need to use a conversion chart. I would be grateful of advice where to find one I can print, please.

Had a penchant for Gold Petite before & also made a lot of cards then. Still have some Gold Petites to stitch but have collected other sizes too as I want broaden my horizons & move up the size scale.

Today I chose Dimensions kitten one, Gold Petite, & will start sorting out the kit. Several of the other kitten kits are DMC & equally as lovely.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.
Laura :)
rcperryls

Re: Hello - help required

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Laura-Rose and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! This is a Floss Conversion Chart that is fairly old so might not include newer colors but I have found it helpful and it covers most of the DMC colors. And welcome back to cross stitching! I hope that you will stay with us and let us encourage you as you work on the projects. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Hello , many thanks for your quick reply. I will look into that one.

It will be good to share news & views with fellow stitchers. Look forward to it once I start stitching.

My signature never came up before but have done it again. Must have forgotten to press Submit previously. Will try & sort out avatar pic now.

Thanks again for quick reply.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome laura-rose! :D
I can't help you regarding the colour charts but I look forward to your posts.
You have a "treasure chest" of lovely kits.
You will find the forum very encouraging, as you post your progress.
Welcome back to stitching! :whoop:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Alaric

Post by Alaric »

Hi there..... welcome

I've looked online and there is an anchor to DMC conversion chart available at http://www.yarntree.com" target="_blank

From them you can download a PDF file with the charts

Regards...Alaric... Canada
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Please note that the correlation between DMC & Anchor is not exact, and the result is a bit different from the original.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Thank you both for messages.

Yarn Tree sounds a familiar name so will look at that & it is good to be reminded variations may occur when converting from one manufacturer to another.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

A big welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:

Not all conversions are equal, so I make a habit of checking several to see if there is broad agreement. The best one I've come across isn't online, unfortunately: it was done by New Stitches years ago and printed. What made it particularly useful was the use of stars to show the quality of the match (more stars, poorer match). You might find one for sale online. Where are you in the world? You could borrow mine. :)
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Hello & thank you.

It is most kind of you to offer loaning me your chart but I checked the 2 mentioned above & saved them in PDF form; then took a print of Yarn Tree one. CyberStitches has colours as well as numbers so also most helpful. Yarn Tree was the one I printed out years ago. Now I have seen it, I recognise it & do remember taking a print of that but cannot find it. Anyway, have a print now. Both sites state small variations will probably occur but if I think it is too different I can soon check any I see on Sew&so or Happy Cross Stticher. So I am fine thank you all the same.

The cottages will not be gifts so a near colour is fine for me & DH won't mind. I think I stopped stitching before as I made quite a lot of gifts & made lots of cards & needed a break. It lasted quite a few years though!! When I made a couple of cards last summer I was not satisfied like I used to be & that added ot my delay in re-starting. The gift of the tapestires set me up agian.

I live in UK & really appreciate your offer especially as I am new so not yet a bona fide forum user. I did not expect such kindness to a newbie:D , Since I have seen the wonderful makes here it has given me incentive so am raring to get busy with a needle again.Have sorted out threads & will get Aida ready so stitching is nogt far away.

PS Changed my avatar as previous onelooked a bit dismal. Will try & put my own up, not successful last night.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Hello from me in SW France.

I, too swear by the New Stitches conversion booklet! I have 2 of them, one I've marked with all the Anchor threads I have and the second has the DMC I have...... well it works for me!! :roll: They are both quite 'dog-eared' now! :doh: but so useful when I'm out and see threads I never knew that I 'needed' :lol:

I hope your downloads work for you and I look forward to seeing your creations here.

I'm rubbish at putting up pictures! :tizzy:
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Thank you.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi and Welcome from me too in lovely cool Brisbane. So glad you found us and have returned to stitching. Looking forward to seeing your updates. ")
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Thank you
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado (although currently visiting Alabama) and welcome to the forum. I dm looking forward to seeing your WIPs. I’m glad you found us.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Hello and welcome from Kyiv. I nearly always convert Anchor into DMC, but must tell you that in original threads projects always turn out better. To such extant that once I had stitched half a picture ( Jill Gordon's "Chinese Pagoda") in the DMC and then went and bought the Anchor the design required and the result was absolutely different and smashing. Since then I try to use the threads the chart wants. So if you can, use the original threads as mentioned in the instruction/key.

Whatever you choose, happy stitching!
Lyudmila
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Thank you both. Also thanks for advice Lyudmila.