Hello- New to forum

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

toodles

Hello- New to forum

Post by toodles »

Hello, I'm new the forum scene. I'm from Eugene, OR. I love to cross stitch, there isn't many people here that stitch and I haven't found many people that know what cross stitching is. I've been stitching for about 3 years now. I've mostly made small pieces as gifts for some friends and family, but nothing big. Stitching has really helped me get out of a funk (emotionally wise). I thinks that's why I love it so much.

I'm not currently working on anything at the moment, but I will be starting soon. I have a couple of birthdays coming up and I love stitching for my friends.
Last edited by toodles on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Re: Hello- New to forum

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello toodles and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! You have definitely come to the right place to find lots of cross stitch lovers. While there are a lot of us, its pretty clear that we are very spread out and not just over the US but all over the world. I think sometimes people wonder about how much I travel when I might say " A friend of mine in the UK or France or Australia or the Phillapines or Slovakia etc etc etc does some beautiful stitching" A lot of us turn to cross stitch to help us get through difficult times. I hope you will post pictures of the projects you work on. Just be warned that one of our favorite activities is to encourage and enable the accumulation of charts, stash and assorted accessories related to stitching.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hello & welcome from one of those far flung friends. :wave: I'm in SW France and I stitch to relax too....although as I'm retired how much relaxing do I 'need'??? :lol:
toodles

Post by toodles »

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to posting and looking at some works. :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi "Toodles" and Welcome from me in sunny Brisbane, so glad you have joined us. :lol: Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your work.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
toodles

Post by toodles »

This place does look the best place to get to know people who love doing this craft. I have felt like I've been the only one to know what it is.
I try to explain to some friends about some cross stitch lingo and they look at me like I'm crazy haha. Most of my friends are very young and this type of hobby doesn't interest them.

I'm 31, newly seperated from a 15 year relationship, with 2 boys ages 14 and 12. I'm a teachers aide at a private school. I'm very busy with work and home. Cross stitching has been my escape from many challenges in my life. Every piece that I have made I have given to my friends, and I love their reactions to receiving something that I have spent time making for them.

I'm not a perfectionist, but I am when it come to my work. Of course my friends don't see it but I do. I will post some pics of my pieces once I start one again.
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Hello & welcome. Look forward to seeing what you make :D
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us. And I'm glad you've discovered the therapeutic value of our hobby.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland from another far-flung stitchy pal! :wave: We are our own worst enemies when we look at our own stitching, but I wouldn't be without a needle (or, more recently, a "butterfly") in my hand. Have a look at the gallery to see what everyone has been up to over the years.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Hi toodles and welcome! I know how you feel, when I tell people I cross stitch some of them give me a funny look and say, 'You should be out enjoying yourself and getting drunk at your age not stitching!' (I'm 30) but I don't care what they say, cross stitch helps me relax and calms me (I get bad anxiety and panic attacks).

I look forward to seeing your future projects xxx
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'