Spring Bookmark or Card Exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Linda Rose

Re: Spring Bookmark or Card Exchange

Post by Linda Rose »

OK, for those who are contemplating an aperture cross stitch card, here is a video tutorial that presumably tells you everything you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRpu4vE4HA" target="_blank" target="_blank
Linda
poppy

Post by poppy »

Linda Rose wrote:Has anyone else made a decision around a pattern and begun any stitching?
Yes Linda, I started to stitch a bookmark. 8)
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

For those thinking about making a card, here is a tutorial on making your own aperture greeting card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47vMGmWJaww" target="_blank" target="_blank

If anyone knows of other helpful sites, for either bookmarks or cards, please share them. Out of the ordinary ideas are always welcome, too.

Thanks.

Linda
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Greetings everyone.

I made a visit to the library last night and came home with a book of cross stitch patterns for greeting cards. I am definitely leaning toward making a card at this time, but will not make a final decision yet. Of interest to me at the moment is the envelope for a handmade card, especially if the made card does not fit one of the many standard sizes. I looked around for a tutorial and came up with a few which might interest someone who is contemplating a card for the first time. I hope they prove helpful!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Envelope" target="_blank" target="_blank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPH_t9wrYEg" target="_blank" target="_blank - This site offers a variety of envelope making ideas that will display if you click on the annotation when prompted.
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It'll be a bookmark I'll be stitching. Probably hardanger. NOTHING WITH BEADS. *sorry sorry* Just can't look at beads or metallic threads for a bit, that's all... :oops: (off to have a soothing :tea: )
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Serinde wrote:It'll be a bookmark I'll be stitching. Probably hardanger. NOTHING WITH BEADS. *sorry sorry* Just can't look at beads or metallic threads for a bit, that's all... :oops: (off to have a soothing :tea: )
Good to know you have a plan! I hope most others have a very good idea of what they will be stitching for the exchange. Please feel free to share.
Linda
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

BOokmark for me. But not sure of the design. No preference for what I receive. Going to be fun!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

thanks for reminding me, Carole! I will be delighted with whatever I am sent. Just love to see other people's work and be able to share. :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I started mine on the w/end. A Bookmark. It will be a cross stitch ????????????????? :lol: (no clue on the number of ?'s intended! :wink: )

I too will be delighted with what I am sent. :D :dance:
mags

Post by mags »

Nearly finished the stitching on mine, then just need to finish it :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

mags wrote:Nearly finished the stitching on mine, then just need to finish it :D

Good for you! I am almost finished a card pattern which I may have difficulty assembling because of its odd size. I have little experience with the finishing and supplies at our local Michael's store are not as interesting as I thought they might be. Perhaps I better start on a bookmark?
Linda
meganap25

Post by meganap25 »

I'd like to participate! I'm in the USA and will ship anywhere. This is such a good idea! I love getting stuff in the mail.
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

meganap25 wrote:I'd like to participate! I'm in the USA and will ship anywhere. This is such a good idea! I love getting stuff in the mail.
We are delighted to have you join us! Look for the mailing list to be published in this thread on the 22nd. Looking forward to seeing all the stitching that will be done.
Linda
fccs

Post by fccs »

I finished a little piece while I was on vacation and am thinking it will be a cute card. Wouldn't it be nice to be done with the stitching before the list is even sent? :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

fccs wrote:I finished a little piece while I was on vacation and am thinking it will be a cute card. Wouldn't it be nice to be done with the stitching before the list is even sent? :-)
I think that is great! You certainly have eliminated the stress level for yourself. Must be time for you to relax with a soothing :tea: or perhaps a lovely :wine:
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

fccs wrote:I finished a little piece while I was on vacation and am thinking it will be a cute card. Wouldn't it be nice to be done with the stitching before the list is even sent? :-)
This is a problem how? I'd call it fabulous advance planning for an unknown unknown, myself. 8)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote:
This is a problem how? I'd call it fabulous advance planning for an unknown unknown, myself. 8)
I agree and wish I could say the same. I am in the process of picking my design. Still deciding between a few. But I have the bookmark piece which was sent me one year for Stashmas and I even remembered where it was (surprise surprise it was in the fabric drawer where it was supposed to be - seems like nothing ever is sometimes).

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I hadn't thought that I should wait to find out who my recipient should be! :doh:
I needed something small to take with me for a w/end away and the bookmark seemed ideal. HoHum!
Lets hope that they wanted a bookmark!! :lol:
KristyReed1982

Post by KristyReed1982 »

What a wonderful idea! Count me in!

Kristy Reed - US - Anywhere
Kristy :ratherbe:

:wip:
Dimensions Twilight Angel
Thomas Kinkade Mountain Retreat
Hanukkah Doves
Names of Jesus

Finishes :whoop: :dance:
Bookmark
Autumn Gift Exchange
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

KristyReed1982 wrote:What a wonderful idea! Count me in!

Kristy Reed - US - Anywhere
How nice of you to join the group! Another cross stitch enthusiast is always welcome.
Linda