Spring Bookmark or Card Exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Roland

Re: Spring Bookmark or Card Exchange

Post by Roland »

Linda Rose wrote:
Thanks, Roland. It is very helpful to remember these tips. There are always creative ways to finish that make a bookmark a do-able project for all of us. Will you be joining us for the exchange?
I am thinking about it. I need to be certain I can finish something in time before I commit.
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

I have found a link that shows Ribband in particular. It was very popular in the past; my stash box has several colors. I can still purchase these and other far more fancy varieties at my LNS, but I know I have an exceptional one in the greater Toronto area. Not sure if it is widely available anymore, but this would at least let you know what it looks like.

http://www.willowfabrics.com/zweigart-n ... otton.html" target="_blank" target="_blank
Linda
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I've used that type of band in the past for bookmarks. That way you only need to hem or fringe the top and bottom. In France there's a linen version available in several widths. I may just have some in my stash. :wink: :wink: :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

AND Amanda G has some great little motifs for book marks including an owl bookmark on her web site as free downloads.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Well it took me a while, but it sure was fun looking up Amanda G and her beautiful work! Here is the link to the bookmark mentioned; scroll down once on the page to find it, but be sure to enjoy looking at every piece until you get there!

http://amanda-gregory-designs.webs.com/ ... wnload.htm" target="_blank" target="_blank
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Is it safe to say we are a bookmark exchange? Is there anyone who is interested in exchanging cards?

I also remembered yet another bookmark style that some might find intriguing. I have actually purchased a pre-finished corner bookmark fabric piece, but not yet stitched one. You may have a look at these very pretty page markers here:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/551479916854883806/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

If you know of reputable on line stores that offer these or other pre-finished bookmark fabric please let us know. Also, please feel free to share any sites that offer anything to do with cross stitch bookmarks. I'm sure some are looking for ideas.

Thanks.

Linda
Linda
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I would like to be included in this exchange and prepared to post anywhere. Living in New Zealqnd a June delivery date would be early winter but a great time to think of the coming Spring.
MMy preference would be to recieve a book mark and that will be what I'll be making.
kevona

Post by kevona »

Hi. I was rather hoping to send a card for this swap. I'm happy to receive either a card or bookmark.

Donna
Donna

Pull up a chair and grab a :tea:
http://kevonacrafts.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

lillybit wrote:I would like to be included in this exchange and prepared to post anywhere. Living in New Zealqnd a June delivery date would be early winter but a great time to think of the coming Spring.
MMy preference would be to recieve a book mark and that will be what I'll be making.
Welcome! Wonderful to have you participate in the exchange.
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

kevona wrote:Hi. I was rather hoping to send a card for this swap. I'm happy to receive either a card or bookmark.

Donna
That's fine Donna. I would be delighted to receive a card and I'm sure others would as well.
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I don't mind doing either a card or a bookmark. Perhaps it should be decided by the person we send to? (would they prefer a card or a bookmark, for example)
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Greetings everyone.

Regarding whether you would like to make/receive a bookmark or card - from the original post in this thread I indicated that I was hoping that all would be delighted to receive whatever came to our mailbox because it would be lovingly stitched by a fellow forum member. This is for many reasons, including the different skill levels and budgets that would be found among our members. Also, it is a wonderful way to keep the craft of cross stitch alive and well, and encourage new men and women to try it out. (Have you noticed it is becoming increasingly difficult to come across good cross stitch supplies in regular craft stores?). That being said, I will do my best to accommodate the preference information I read throughout the posts when the mailing list for s put together.

I will be happy to make either a card or bookmark, and receive either a card or bookmark; I will decide which one to make once I see what is preferred when the mailing list is established.

FYI - I work in accounting, where things are right or wrong, no gray areas. It is challenging at times for me to write friendly, rather than factual emails. (So my colleagues tell me!). No offense is meant over what is written above. I am simply trying to encourage a love of cross stitch and an opening for everyone to feel welcome to join in the fun of sending and receiving.

Linda
Linda
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Bless you Linda Rose, it is a great idea and I am sure that it will be continued in future years too.

I am happy to send a card to anyone and receive what ever they would want to send. I love getting mail of any sort. :)

Thank you so much for having the courage to suggest this idea and then carry it through. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I shall be sending a bookmark and will be thrilled with what ever is sent! :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am planning on sending a bookmark and will be delighted with anything I receive!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Happy Friday!

So it has been at least a decade - perhaps two - since I made a cross stitch card. That got me searching the internet last night so that I could at least add a link or two related to card making. This first is a link to download a free pattern book of cross stitch card patterns. It is beautiful. Even if you do not make any of these cards in particular, it will open your mind to possibilities. Enjoy and look for some addition card related sites in the days ahead.

http://ideas.sewandso.co.uk/free-cross- ... ing-cards/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Enjoy a great weekend!

Linda
Linda
mags

Post by mags »

Can I join in please ? Sorry I have not been around - I haven't really done much stitching at all. Hoping that this will revive my stitchy bug.

I have started a bookmark - would love to receive a bookmark but would be delighted with anything - a card could be used as a bookmark. :D

mags - Uk - Anywhere
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
fccs

Post by fccs »

I will be happy to stitch whatever the decision is. Bookmark or card.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

mags wrote:Can I join in please ? Sorry I have not been around - I haven't really done much stitching at all. Hoping that this will revive my stitchy bug.

I have started a bookmark - would love to receive a bookmark but would be delighted with anything - a card could be used as a bookmark. :D

mags - Uk - Anywhere
So nice to have you join the group! Good for you for getting an early start on your stitching.

I have been through my patterns and will decide in a few hours which I will begin stitching through the office lunch hours this week. It is exciting to start a new project, especially one that is smaller and has an end in sight. Has anyone else made a decision around a pattern and begun any stitching?
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

fccs wrote:I will be happy to stitch whatever the decision is. Bookmark or card.
We will leave the exchange open to both bookmarks and cards as they are quite similar and both mail very easily. The mailing list goes out in just a few weeks. At that time you will be able to read all posts in the thread to see if the person you are mailing to has stated any preferences. For my part, I will try to read carefully through all posts to match every one up well.

I have marked a few websites which I will share tomorrow when I return to a computer (so much easier). I hope you are having fun going through your patterns and stash. It always amazes me how many patterns I have collected over the years that will be just perfect for this exchange. I love a break from the larger pieces and I look forward to the day I will bring a stitched piece to work to show off to my colleagues!
Linda