Re: New to the forum

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

anabel

Post by anabel »

Hi my name is anabel I am new to the forum hope to find lots of stitches to talk about all I need is help to start hope someone is ready to start me off hopeful ANABEL
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave: We love our newbies, so expect to get lots of help and enabling for the buying of stash and stitching of wonderful things. :)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Ask away! Like Serinde said, we love our newbies and love to share. Are you new to forums or new to stitching or new to both? A great way to get started here is to browse around the forum. The Tips and Tricks section is full of all kinds of information about stitching. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

For an absolute beginner, can I suggest Jo Verso's book: Complete Cross Stitch Course. I read it before beginning my first picture. The examples are rather twee, but the methods taught are what is needed. I got my hard cover edition for a penny + postage.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hello and welcome :wave:
anabel

friends

Post by anabel »

Thank you for your reply I am not a new stitcher I am not new to crossstitch but still got a lot to learn would like to try something different than adia but don't know apprehensive what do you all think Anabel
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're ready to branch out a little in your stitching. The only way to know if you'll like it something new is to try it. If you don't enjoy it, there is no harm done. But if you do enjoy it, it will open up so many new patterns, designs, and techniques.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
anabel

Post by anabel »

Thank you for the offer of your book Richard but I have a lot of crossstitch books I think all I need is comfidenc hope thank you again
anabel

Post by anabel »

To always goofy I think your way is the best way now is the time to have ago you never know I might be successful or not Anabel
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome :wave: from me too and it is a lot of fun trying out different fabrics and different counts . :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

anabel wrote:Thank you for the offer of your book Richard but I have a lot of crossstitch books I think all I need is comfidenc hope thank you again
Well, there's only one way to do that, & it's to give it a try. Cross stitch is truly just one stitch after another, and anyone who has mastered the basics has already got all the skills needed to do 'advanced' work. Because advanced work is simply basic work, with only a little added concentration.

Like you, I was more than a little nervous when I started on my first non-aida project so chose a fairly low colour count & relatively small picture. I did run into a few things I had to get used to, as described in the first post here: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=25792. However, by the end of that project I was happy & went on to a high colour count, large portrait of my wife which was a fair bit more difficult, because it was at 28ct on black evenweave, not because of any other issue: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... &start=303. I am such a klutz at manual work, that if I can do it, then anyone can. Chances are, you're more experienced than I was at the time. My wife's portrait was only my 6th project ever, and I'm only on 8 & 9 at the moment.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Di49

Post by Di49 »

Hi, my names Di , I am new to it all so I hope I can get loads of help :D
anabel

Post by anabel »

Thank you Richard I just needed someone to say have another go anabel you can do it one stitch at a time you can do it
Try it great help regards Anabel
anabel

Post by anabel »

THANKS every one for your for welcoming me great regards Anabel
anabel

Post by anabel »

Hi Di I am new to I hope we can help each other regard Anabel
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hello Di and welcome from lovely and cool Brisbane, it is great you have found us. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ask any questions you have, no question is too silly as we have all been beginners once upon a time. Use the "General" thread - found on the first page or the Stitch-A-Long (SAL) thread. There is also a very good "Tips and Tricks" thread too. :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum, Di!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs