An exciting update in my work life

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

istitchwithlove

An exciting update in my work life

Post by istitchwithlove »

Well after submitting my application to Ihop 2 weeks ago and then actively hounding them since Thursday, I got the call I was waiting for this morning at 8...I got the job. I have fought very hard to get this job at Ihop so I could leave a job where I was abused by a 22 and 23 years old. Friday I hit my trigger and after them pushing my buttons for 4 month my temper snapped and I yelled at them.

So I type my notice to leave and while it wasn't 2 weeks it was something. I handed it to one of the owners and he said Oh you want to leave, ok. Fast forward 30 mins and he comes at me like if i give you this that and the other would you stay. I remained firm. So he sends his wife to talk to me with whom i am pretty close with. She's figured out when i order food for my meals and gives me extras on it. Mom says she dotes on me.

Namha said he really does not want me to leave. I said ok let me talk with my mom and i'll get back to you. so i called mom and we worked it out. so i went to them both and laid out the rules. A: no more doubles. B: only mornings as my other job which I am not giving up is evenings. C: I will not work under any circumstances will i work a shift with either one of the 22 and 23 year old or even them together in the same shift. D: I will not work as much. Because these people were working me like a rented mule.. That is a deep south and PA coal country saying.

So now I am working Thursday, Friday, and Sunday mornings with the former manager's wife. He's an owner but Corp forced him out so they made the 22 year old manager which was a huge mistake. I let them know if any of these rules are broken or the first sign of trouble, then I quit on the spot and wont be talked out of it again.

Nazam and his wife depend on me and I had mixed feeling about leaving but friday night was the last straw. I do not deserved to be treated like garbage by two people who are 11 and 10 years younger than me. I am the hardest worker in the store as well as the best server. Friday i had a 3 hour panic attack cause the place was stupid busy and i was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and all around mess and I still did better than the 23 year old even with her stealing 2 tables from me.

When we do our shift reports as servers we see how much is owed for the cash orders. however is your CC tips cover the cost of the food in cash orders and you have some left over the cashier owes you. So on our cash to remit if it has a - sigh next to the dollar amount the server is owed. if no - then the server owes the cashier.... Well the 23 year old owed 90 some dollars and here was me being owed 9.10. So even a complete mess I am still the best server. I made almost 70.00 on 6-7 tables..

So I am giving Nazam one last chance. If any of the ground rules are broken then that's it. I am a hard worker who goes out of my way to not cause drama but it keeps finding me..

So this is the latest update. I start Ihop on Thursday at 3 pm as a hostess on a night we are having an event..so training in the frying pan...but I am confident i will do perfectly well
Last edited by istitchwithlove on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects
Ink Circles Celtic Quilts: Kentucky Chain
NEN Peacock Band Sampler
Soggy Toad Creations A Tale of Two Dolphins

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

Midge

Re: An exciting update in my work life

Post by Midge »

Well done! I'm thrilled for you xx
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for standing up for yourself. You'll do fine at iHop and I think the fact that the owners at your current job are bending over backwards to keep you is an amazing compliment to your value as a worker and a person.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for standing up for yourself. You'll do fine at iHop and I think the fact that the owners at your current job are bending over backwards to keep you is an amazing compliment to your value as a worker and a person.

Carole
I agree.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for standing up for yourself. You'll do fine at iHop and I think the fact that the owners at your current job are bending over backwards to keep you is an amazing compliment to your value as a worker and a person.

Carole
I totally agree!! Well done!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

kevona

Post by kevona »

Well done on both the new job and getting the terms you want on the old job.

Take care
Donna

Pull up a chair and grab a :tea:
http://kevonacrafts.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Congrats on new job & hope old job new conditions work out for you. Glad you have found the confidence to ask for those & also you have found self worth. Good for y ou :applesauce:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
istitchwithlove

Midge wrote:Well done! I'm thrilled for you xx

Yup and the old manager is back and is getting full control of the store next month and i am getting a promotion but that's all I can say at this point
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for standing up for yourself. You'll do fine at iHop and I think the fact that the owners at your current job are bending over backwards to keep you is an amazing compliment to your value as a worker and a person.

Carole
yup am i am getting a promotion next month...but i am scared i can't handle both jobs however my mom and bff said i'll be fine once i find my rhythm.. my family is proud of me for sticking it out when i was ready to quit and my dad esp because i am such a good and hard working they didn't want to let me go and i am getting a promotion next month....
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

fccs wrote:

Carole
I agree.
Yup and after i threatened to leave on monday the 22 year old manager quit and the old manager is back and after he gets full control of the store i am getting a promotion which when i told my dad made him laugh his A off...which i didn't appreciate at all..because it wasn't funny..i swore if i was ever put in the position i will be next month i'd quit first because i think i am too wound tight for it...but i am flattered things are happening like they are..Karma is working in ways I could not have anticipated. But I find it funny that that the day after i give my demands for staying that the twit leaves. and mom thinks the other one will leave once she finds out about my promotion if she hasn't already
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

karen4bells wrote:
rcperryls wrote: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for standing up for yourself. You'll do fine at iHop and I think the fact that the owners at your current job are bending over backwards to keep you is an amazing compliment to your value as a worker and a person.

Carole
I totally agree!! Well done!!

Well friday my aggressive and assertive side was triggered or as mom says my witch side with a B. I was done with all the crap these little girls were giving me and i asserted myself. I was 100% firm on leaving but I didn't really want to leave but the part of me that was sick of the crap out weight my loyalty. But the trouble element is leaving and the old manager is back and i am getting promoted
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

kevona wrote:Well done on both the new job and getting the terms you want on the old job.

Take care
The strongest side of my personality got woken up on Friday and I was done taking all the crap i was being forced to swallow. Karma is working in ways I could not have anticipated
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

kingfisher68 wrote:Congrats on new job & hope old job new conditions work out for you. Glad you have found the confidence to ask for those & also you have found self worth. Good for y ou :applesauce:
The strongest side of my personality which mostly has lain dormant for almost 7 years come out on Friday. Me, my bff, and family think it's hilarious that the snowflakes are quitting because I threatened to leave and was accommodated so they could get me to stay
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

istitchwithlove wrote: trouble element is leaving and the old manager is back and i am getting promoted
istitchwithlove wrote:Me, my bff, and family think it's hilarious that the snowflakes are quitting because I threatened to leave and was accommodated so they could get me to stay
:applesauce: :applesauce: And a promotion! That makes it doubly great!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
istitchwithlove

istitchwithlove wrote:Me, my bff, and family think it's hilarious that the snowflakes are quitting because I threatened to leave and was accommodated so they could get me to stay
:applesauce: :applesauce: And a promotion! That makes it doubly great!

Carole[/quote]

Yup but it will not happen till next month
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

We are more than half way to next month. What is your promotion?

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote:We are more than half way to next month. What is your promotion?

Carole

I am being made a manager
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

poppy

Post by poppy »

Well done! :applesauce: It is such a shame that one has to fight so hard for what is right.
Now, you will have to celebrate :gift: :tea: :cake: ( I can't see the smily for champagne!)
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
istitchwithlove

poppy wrote:Well done! :applesauce: It is such a shame that one has to fight so hard for what is right.
Now, you will have to celebrate :gift: :tea: :cake: ( I can't see the smily for champagne!)
no one should be treated like garbage but it happens everywhere
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN