Beachcomber Cottage

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

sonoma

Beachcomber Cottage

Post by sonoma »

By The Craft Collection. This was bought for me by my late husband. I began it but following his death, put it down and have only just looked at it again. To my dismay, the chart is nowhere to be found! I'm willing to buy a whole new kit/partially finished kit/chart just to get my hands on the chart. I believe Anchor produced this kit too. I've had it since 1999! Anyone please help me out? :(
rcperryls

Re: Beachcomber Cottage

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Have you tried contacting Anchor? I don't have that pattern, but someone on the forum may be able to point you in the right direction. I am sorry to hear of your loss. It was several months after I lost my husband that I found the forum, which, for me, has been a wonderful experience! I hope that you can find the pattern and that you will stay with us as you return to your stitching. We love pictures and would love to see what you have done and what you are working on!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thank you so much for your reply and your kind words. I've tried every Avenue possible and although I've come across ads the kit is either sold or out of stock. I'm hoping one might crop up on eBay. I emailed Anchor, hoping they might have an archive of old patterns but as yet have not received a reply.
Someone actually sold the kit lasy Year on eBay for £4.99! It's a shame you can't put want ads on eBay. By the way, I am based near Liverpool, England.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Do an advanced search on ebay for sold items for the pattern/kit you are looking for. Then contact those sellers to see if they still have it or have another one. Apparently, sometimes when an item does not sell at auction, it gets listed as sold when the auction ends. It's a long shot, but it worked for me. I was able to get a kit I had been looking for for over a year that way. Good luck.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thank you so much for kindly taking the time to reply and for your useful information. I will definitely do as you suggested. I'm really determined to sort this out. It is some years since my husband died and I'd forgotten just how therapeutic stitching is! Eyes not quite as good as they were but that's where my Craft lamp/magnifier comes into its own. Happy stitching and thank you again.
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

This chart was hunted down previously by someone on the forum http://crossstitchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18801" target="_blank" target="_blank It might be worth trying to contact the person to see if they still have it but are finished with it. They've not been on the forum for a number of years though but it might work if you PM them.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Hi Puple Patsy.
Thank you very much for responding. I've done as you suggested and PM'd the forum member. Fingers crossed! I'll post if I get any joy. T