Hello, I'm new to the forum..

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

spudger

Hello, I'm new to the forum..

Post by spudger »

Hi, I have had a love of sewing and crafting for many years. I started quilting in 1999 and diversified into other sewing crafts throughout the years. Having completed many cross-stitch projects I have recently found Hardanger. I have completed a couple of samples but nothing as a project just odd stitches which I found in a book. However, last week I came across a beautiful project 'A Hardanger Christmas House with layered cross-stitch'. I couldn't find a pattern or anything about it. Then I came across this wonderful forum and low and behold, I found all the information I needed. I immediately went to Amazon and purchased the book. So I am waiting impatiently now for it to be delivered. Anyway, I wanted to say thank you for your enthusiasm and freedom of information you give.
:whoop:

Many Thanks
Spudger
rcperryls

Re: Hello, I'm new to the forum..

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Spudger and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! This is a great place to get information about almost anything stitching focused! This is where I discovered and learned Hardanger stitching as well as other specialty stitching projects I hope you you will stay with us, post pictures of your projects and join in the fun!!! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Hello from a fellow quilter! I learned to cross stitch first and then took up quilting, so does that make us opposite twinsies? Welcome and happy stitching.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Spudger and Welcome from me too I am delighted that you have joined us and have 'discovered' hardanger as well. I suggest you look at Mabel's Fancies and at her posts on here. So far we have had 2 year long monthly SAL's learning new stitches etc.
Great that you have found the book of the chart you want to do, in fact I think someone on here was doing that late last year. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome, hope you will enjoy belonging to this forum. Everyone is friendly & helpful. :)
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
spudger

Post by spudger »

Thank you all for a warm welcome. I will post some photos to the forum, but where would you suggest as I do not want to post to the wrong place. Also do you change your photos into 72 dpi and under a certain kb. I have been unable to upload an avatar as I cannot get it small enough even through using a well known photo editing suite. (9kb 80 x80 pixels) how does anyone else do it.?

Anyway apart from all that thank you for the welcome.
:whoop:

Spudger
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

This thread, Posting Pictures into a Thread explains how to do this. I use Photobucket and rarely have a problem, but other members have had lots of different issues with it and there are other photo websites that are used. Flickr.

The Stitch-A-Long section is where we generally post pictures of projects. How many threads you want is up to you. Some members have one ongoing thread for all projects. Some create a new thread for each project. Some will use a combination. Its up to you.

This thread, How do you change your avatar? explains how to create and load an avatar if you don't want to use one of the forum options.

Hope this helps.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh boy, oh boy! *clappity clap* Another hardangerista! Welcome from the wet (well there's a surprise) West of Scotland! :wave:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from snowy Colorado (finally) and welcome to the forum.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
spudger

Post by spudger »

Serinde wrote:Oh boy, oh boy! *clappity clap* Another hardangerista! Welcome from the wet (well there's a surprise) West of Scotland! :wave:
Hi Serinde
Thank you for such a wonderful welcome. Don't worry it's just as wet down south and will probably be wetter still when we get to Wales next week.
I don't know about being a Hardangerista as I have only just started but am thoroughly enjoying it.
Keep safe (ref Storm Doris although by now it has passed and you are left with the results)

Spudger
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Welcome to the forum, Spudger! :wave:

You've got a fellow quilter and cross stitcher here. We look forward to seeing pictures of your pieces. We love pictures. We can never get enough pictures. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: