Bingo - stitching and watching - and the winner is...

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fccs

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - we have a winner!

Post by fccs »

Congratulations, Linda Rose. You are the winner of my stitching and watching Bingo.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - and the winner is...

Post by fccs »

I figured I should finish the last two numbers, even though the game is now over. So, here they are:

16 - St. Elsewhere

Synopsis
: The staff of St. Eligius Hospital in Boston doesn't pull off the kind of miracles seen in other medical dramas. Instead, they deal with the day-to-day realities of working at a big-city hospital. Amid the inherent drama of saving patients' lives, the show mixes in a healthy dose of dark humor, which the doctors use to cope with various situations.

I'm not a fan of hospital shows, but this is the exception. It is unlike any other medical drama, relying less on the sensational and more on the emotional. It was well written, very intelligent, with characters that you loved or hated (sometimes both at the same time). And if you listen carefully, you'll find a lot of hidden humor in the show, especially in the background as people are paged in the hospital.

28 - It's Complicated

Synopsis
: Jane (Meryl Streep), a successful restaurateur, has been divorced from Jake (Alec Baldwin) for many years, although they remain friends. When an innocent meal together turns into an affair, Jane finds that she is the other woman in the now-remarried Jake's life. Meanwhile, Adam (Steve Martin), an architect hired to remodel her kitchen, is still stinging from his own divorce. He finds himself falling in love with Jane but soon realizes that he has become part of a triangle.

I'm not sure if this movie received any critical acclaim, but I love it. I watch it and laugh, even before something happens or lines are spoken because I know what comes next. I've said this before, but sometimes I just want a movie that makes me laugh and entertains me, and this one does both. Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep are great in this, and Steve Martin and John Krasinski add a lot of humor as well.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Congratulations, Linda Rose!! :applesauce: :applesauce: Well Done!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

I was still at 9/10 and those last 2 weren't on my list!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: to Linda Rose for winning this fun Bingo! I'm still at 9/10 and one of the last ones is in my list. And I have a few new tv shows and movies to check out so thank you Debby for sharing your favorites with us.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

wendywombat wrote:Congratulations, Linda Rose!! :applesauce: :applesauce: Well Done!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

I was still at 9/10 and those last 2 weren't on my list!
Interesting - I just checked your numbers and it looks like you had a bingo on the second to the last day (same day as Linda Rose).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Thats the luck of the draw. A most enjoyable game and such an interesting idea. Well hosted! :applesauce:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Looks like 3 of us were at 9/10 & got the needed number on the 2nd to last day - :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Congratulations Linda Rose I am delighted you have won. Looking forward to seeing your bingo subject. :lol: :dance: :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Thanks Debby for another great BINGO! Lots of fun and now a few 'must see' movies have been added to my list.

I am getting ready for Canadian Thanksgiving next weekend so will not start a new game right away. I have been in touch with moderator Carole who says it's ok for me to play something other than Bingo. What do you all think about that? I have been looking at everything from Rebus puzzles to tri-bond word puzzles to scrambled word plays. All opinions wanted and welcomed.

Linda
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

I have received my gift certificate to 123 Stitch. Thank you Debby!
Linda
fccs

Post by fccs »

I just want to thank all of you who played my Bingo game. I had fun writing about what I like to watch while stitching and I hope you had fun, too.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

New BINGO by the weekend

Post by Linda Rose »

Greetings everyone.

Just touching base to let you know that I have not forgotten that I will host the next BINGO. Look for it to show up sometime over the weekend.

Linda
Linda