New flat

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

agi

New flat

Post by agi »

I am so happy I feel I have to share this.
Some of you might know that I have been living in Sweden for 5 years now. First I stayed with my boyfriend, then I found a small flat to rent, but slowly, as I filled it up with fabric and yarn :roll: :roll: it has become too small. Also, I have had lots of small problems that made life here miserable: mice, bad internet connection, no dishwasher (it kills my back to do the dishes), no TV. I never decorated it properly, first because I didn't know if I am staying here permanently, and then because I had no place. True, it is close to my boyfriend and is in a very beautiful place. But I have been looking for something bigger for ages. It is extremely difficult to find anything in Uppsala.

Anyway, I finally had enough time standing in the queue to get a flat in town. :whoop: It is a two-room apartment, 62 square meters, but there is also a tiny room that might become my sewing room. There is place for a dishwasher, there will be good internet, tv, no mice (at least I hope not). It will be far from Stephen, but about ten minutes from my school, and his workplace, so hopefully he can stay with me a few days a week. It is on the very outskirt of the town, 2-300 meters from a super beautiful huge lake. So I will still be close to nature and can go out for my usual walks in a lovely area.

I am moving in on October 1st. (Just in time to avoid the mice.) I am glad I have time to prepare for the move.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
wendywombat

Re: New flat

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: happy for you! :D It sounds great and closer to your work will be handy come winter :snowman:
I expect Stephen will find you there, no trouble :lol: 1st October will be here before you can say "mousetrap"!!! :roll:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote::whoop: happy for you! :D It sounds great and closer to your work will be handy come winter :snowman:
I expect Stephen will find you there, no trouble :lol: 1st October will be here before you can say "mousetrap"!!! :roll:
I agree! On all counts and especially like the "no mouse" and closer to work come winter. Never was worried that Stephen wouldn't be able to find you. It all sounds lovely!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

It sounds perfect! Congrats!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Inkysloth

Post by Inkysloth »

That's lovely to hear! And hopefully plenty of space on the walls for your stitching and other art?
I lurk on Twitter & Instagram as @inkysloth
My print & calligraphy work is over at http://www.inkysloth.co.uk" target="_blank

WIPs
Geological map of the British Isles
Hand x-Ray
Ongoing string of small rainbow badges
Tessellating Escher-style lizard chair seat.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: So happy for you!!! I hope your new home will be mouse free and will be as comfy as possible for you!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Congratulations Agi and I pray you will be very happy there. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Roland

Post by Roland »

Sounds great. Having time to move is good too.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wonderful news! And I'm sure Stephen will find you! :lol: No mice will be a big bonus, tho' I'd rather deal with them than with their larger cousin! :shock: The little blighters can make a mess of the best organised stash... :x Roll on Oct 1st. Boy, are we gonna have a housewarming party in the Stash & Grab! :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Great news!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Hope all goes well with it.

If you have a mouse problem, solve it with a cat. If nothing else, the smell of the cat tends to deter many mice.
However, don't get a cat like we have. His last offering, dropped in the dining room, was a live rat with a body about 6" (150mm) long. 'Well done Ozzie, but EAT IT OUTSIDE'. Amazing how deaf a cat can be.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

That's fantastic news! I'm really happy for you, I hope it is everything and more that you have wished for especially no mice!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
mags

Post by mags »

Brilliant news, so pleased for you. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs