Do you order Cross Stitch Magazines?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ecology665

Do you order Cross Stitch Magazines?

Post by ecology665 »

I recently ordered in quarterly sessions "The Cross Stitch Collection" Magazine on my Kindle. I called Amazon, and they say there is no way to print magazines unless I do a screen catch. I tried it the pattern came out blurry. They refunded me. Unfortunately, Barnes and Noble does not carry this magazine. So I am ordering them individually via Amazon. I don't get it? Why there is not a feature to print what ever page you want from a magazine? I expand my patterns to 11x17 for ease or reading. If the pattern is large I'll break it up into larger sizes.

Do you order magazines? If so, what is your experience? :tea: I'm in US. However, in the UK cross-stitching is better appreciated its like a culture phenomena. The designer, Maria Diaz, created two wonderful patterns of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffanys). :wave:

Are there ways other than Pinterest to look at the insides of back issues? :thinks:

Avis
WIPS:
Burst of Color
Classy Lady in Purple (Black)
Pumpkin Patch
two small projects for the grands.
curly sue

Re: Do you order Cross Stitch Magazines?

Post by curly sue »

I enjoy the British magazines. I generally order the specialty issues directly online. I would have to drive about 10 miles to buy locally. Sometimes Joann's is out of stock when I get there.
stitchhappy18

Post by stitchhappy18 »

You may want to try zinio. I was able to get the magazines electronically through them. Printing was not a problem but I haven't subscribed for a couple of years.
Lisa

Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks

2016 Finishes

Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

I am now on to Zinio via my library ticket number. I had not heard of it before I had an email from my local library. Thee are 2 cross stitching magazines on the free site. I look in supermarkets at to her magazines to see if there is anything I like in one of those as well.

I have Maria Diaz charts which I bought via her website.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

I have not actually bought any CS magazines. I have come very close to buying some 'Cross Stitch Collection' issues from the shelves of my local supermarket, but the crippling pain it caused in my wallet prevented me in the end. So, if I was actually going to buy one, the Cross Stitch Collection would be my choice.

The other magazines I've seen seem just too twee/cute/naff (in some cases) for me.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

Thank You all for the responses. I will check out Zinio. I have not been to Joanns in years. I'll take a trip there. :wave: