Millennium frame

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Carole

Millennium frame

Post by Carole »

I'm getting excited now. I gave in and ordered one in January, and as it's just about 12 weeks now, I've just rung and had a chat to see if mine was going to be coming soon. The chap was very nice and said he'd get mine done and out within a couple of days.

I'm not going to hold my breath as I know they're inundated, but hopefully it'll be here fairly soon :whoop:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Little Wicken

Re: Millennium frame

Post by Little Wicken »

Hi Carole,

I know the feeling! I done the same in January, called the yesterday and they assured me, that they will be posting it asap. Now I am doing this in my mind and for real when I can :tizzy:

Cannot wait :)

Please let me know, what you thought of your one when it arrives :)

Aniko
Little Wicken

WIPs
Emerald from Scarlet Quince
Gothic Girl from HAED
Donnydl

Post by Donnydl »

Do please tell me how you get on mine arrived today and I'm struggling :tizzy:
Donnydl

Post by Donnydl »

I don't want to rub a sore place but....

Did u get yours yet Carole?
Carole

Post by Carole »

Nope. Still no frame.

I phoned them two weeks ago and was told it'd be in the post within the next couple of days. As it clearly hadn't been posted, I phoned again yesterday. They promised it'd be posted yesterday afternoon or today.

I'll believe it when I see it :roll:

Getting a bit fed up now to be honest.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Carole wrote:Nope. Still no frame.

I phoned them two weeks ago and was told it'd be in the post within the next couple of days. As it clearly hadn't been posted, I phoned again yesterday. They promised it'd be posted yesterday afternoon or today.

I'll believe it when I see it :roll:

Getting a bit fed up now to be honest.
That's how I felt when I was waiting for mine. I love the frame and it was worth the wait, but that's not an excuse for such poor customer service. I'm glad I ordered two sets of bars because I'm not sure I would buy from them again. For me it's not the length of the wait but lack of updates. And it seems when they do communicate, it's not always the truth.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

My D/H said that I could have a Millennium frame and an Aristo lap stand....in the end I cancelled my order and bought something else. It's not as robust as the Needleneeds stuff but it was here in a week and I'm using it. Maybe they are worth the L O N G W A I T.... BUT life's too short to have to do so! :(
Carole

Post by Carole »

fccs wrote: That's how I felt when I was waiting for mine. I love the frame and it was worth the wait, but that's not an excuse for such poor customer service. I'm glad I ordered two sets of bars because I'm not sure I would buy from them again. For me it's not the length of the wait but lack of updates. And it seems when they do communicate, it's not always the truth.
That's it exactly. I knew it was going to be about 12 weeks, as it says so on the website. What's frustrating is not knowing what's going on. They don't answer emails and when you phone, they'll say whatever it takes to make you go away, or so it seems. It also seems that you need to make a noise to get your order. If you just wait patiently, you've got no chance.

Still, it's here now (arrived today) and although I haven't stitched on it yet, I do have it set up with Latte on it. I like the tension on it so hopefully it was worth all the hassle.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Carole

Post by Carole »

wendywombat wrote:My D/H said that I could have a Millennium frame and an Aristo lap stand....in the end I cancelled my order and bought something else. It's not as robust as the Needleneeds stuff but it was here in a week and I'm using it. Maybe they are worth the L O N G W A I T.... BUT life's too short to have to do so! :(
I was close to doing that myself, and I got fed up of waiting for the Aristo to come back into stock, knowing I'd be waiting months for it once it was ordered, so I got something similar from Sew and so. It's a sit on one, which suits me better as I struggle with any weight on my legs now that my knees are playing up so much. I've been using that with my R&R frame and I'm quite liking it.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Angel

Post by Angel »

I'm really curious as to why these frames are worth the wait now... Pics?
Donnydl

Post by Donnydl »

Carole - so pleased you have yours now, and hope you like it when you get to use it. Seems like you managed to set it up easier than me.

Angel - I'm not tech enough to put pic on here but it you've got Instagram you will find on there are Google needle needs and then watch the video from Nicola Parkman (I think that's her name).
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Angel wrote:I'm really curious as to why these frames are worth the wait now... Pics?

This is where you find it.

http://needleneeds.co.uk/store/" target="_blank

There's an excellent video .....but the wait for the products is longer than I can be bothered to wait!!! :doh:
rayeminamino

Post by rayeminamino »

I just place an order for mine 3 weeks ago... I just hope it worth the wait! I'm just worried its going to take longer than 12 weeks. :shock:
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

i ordered 2 frames on the 25th of april. in for a long wait by the sounds of it.
managed to get lucky with a nice lady who sold me her stand for it and the arms that go with it.
and she is selling me her extra bars etc, so i have just about all i need once these frames come
rayeminamino

Post by rayeminamino »

moonlight wrote:i ordered 2 frames on the 25th of april. in for a long wait by the sounds of it.
managed to get lucky with a nice lady who sold me her stand for it and the arms that go with it.
and she is selling me her extra bars etc, so i have just about all i need once these frames come
Well I'll be sure to let you know when I get mine... then you know yours shouldn't be too far behind :) I ordered mine April 16th
Angel

Post by Angel »

Fair enough. You guys have way more patience than me though :P
rayeminamino

Post by rayeminamino »

Well it's only been 4 weeks for me but decided to call them anyway, the lady on the phone said it should ship in two to three weeks. Guess I'll call them in two weeks to bug them again. Seems to be the only way to get things done XP
fccs

Post by fccs »

rayeminamino wrote:Well it's only been 4 weeks for me but decided to call them anyway, the lady on the phone said it should ship in two to three weeks. Guess I'll call them in two weeks to bug them again. Seems to be the only way to get things done XP
And that's why I'll probably never order from them again - no matter how much I love LOVE my millennium frame. I'm glad I ordered two different sizes - I shouldn't need anything else from them.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rayeminamino

Post by rayeminamino »

fccs wrote:
rayeminamino wrote:Well it's only been 4 weeks for me but decided to call them anyway, the lady on the phone said it should ship in two to three weeks. Guess I'll call them in two weeks to bug them again. Seems to be the only way to get things done XP
And that's why I'll probably never order from them again - no matter how much I love LOVE my millennium frame. I'm glad I ordered two different sizes - I shouldn't need anything else from them.
Yeah that was my plan too, made a separate order for two other sized bars for smaller projects. Don't really care when those come in but ordered them so I wouldn't have to later :)
rayeminamino

Post by rayeminamino »

Carole wrote:I'm getting excited now. I gave in and ordered one in January, and as it's just about 12 weeks now, I've just rung and had a chat to see if mine was going to be coming soon. The chap was very nice and said he'd get mine done and out within a couple of days.

I'm not going to hold my breath as I know they're inundated, but hopefully it'll be here fairly soon :whoop:
Well I just got the same speech... Called them last week and they told me 2 to 3 weeks. Called them again today and they said a few days... If I hear nothing by Monday I'll call again...