Witch and her cat - Work in progress - COMPLETED!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

ZlayaKoshka

Re: Witch and her cat - Work in progress - Update 14/12

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

Bea, your progress is great! Can't wait to see more of it!

(off-topic) Cross stitching is very popular in Russia. Lots of great designers and kits here :)
--
Maria

My free cross stitch designs -- http://www.happy-stitch.net/categories/stitch-patterns/" target="_blank

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard
Stitching out Stigma square

WIP
Cats in the Kitchen, Janlynn crafts (UFO)
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I love this design that you've chosen. I love the colors of the design. I can't wait to see more of this kitty and her human. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Thank you all so much, it makes me so happy to know that you like it :D

salome, if you begin on this please let me know so I can follow your work! :)

Google Translate was a saviour when I came upon the Russian website with this chart, I don't think I would have found the download button if it wasn't for Translate! It's really cool that we can communicate with people that knows a different language with the help of a simple-to-use tool.

Oh, I didn't know that cross stitching was popular i Russia, I must find more Russian websites with charts then! :dance:

Is there a thread on this forum where people have posted links to websites with charts and kits (english and non-english)?

Ha en jättetrevlig dag allihopa!

Bea
Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

Lovely progress. Well done. :applesauce: :applesauce: Hope you have a great day too!!
(Google translate is a great tool :D)
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It must be so comfortable for Truls and other cats to sleep on their backs, so many do that. He looks very contented.

Lovely progress on your 'other cat too. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

Here is an update on my progress and this week I've had a lot done!
I got in a flow and just kept on going and going while watching a tv show over the weekend, and I can almost (almost) see the finish line.

I think I'm going to finish her clothes before I do the background and trying to find a suitable colour for the one that is missing.

I have a week off from work over christmas so I might put some more effort in to finish this over christmas, we'll see.

My next project I haven't decided yet what it will be, but I'm getting closer to a decision. Check out Andy Russel on Heaven and Earth Design, he does the most amazing motifs so I'm actually thinking of buying a chart from him. Although that means that I have to buy somewhere between 80 and 90 colours myself and I was actually thinking of a kit this time so I know that all the colours are right from the start. I don't know what I'll do :thinks:

I promised a picture of my second cat and here she is! :whoop:
Her name is Tilda and here she's sitting in my boyfriends lap while he plays playstation.
She isn't as "out there" as my other cat, she need's a bit more time before saying hello to new people but as soon as they've been in our home for an hour or two, she hops up and sits in their lap. She almost always want's to be near us or on us and she's such a joy to have around. :wub:

Hope you enjoy my progress and my cat :)

Have a nice day!

Bea
Lulu22

Re: Witch and her cat - Work in progress - Update 21/12

Post by Lulu22 »

Super update :applesauce: Tilda is lovely :wub:
I have been thinking about getting a cat or dog as the pets I have are super but I don't see them much. I have two tortoises who are currently in the fridge sleeping away the winter.
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Wonderful update!! This is such a great design. And Tilde is precious. She looks absolutely content on your boyfriend's lap.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

Here comes the final update, I'm done! :whoop:

There were actually two colours on the chart which I didn't have (due to wrong number on the colours), one were a dark brown and the other one was a dark red brownish colour. The dark brown was fairly easy to find a replacement for, it's the colour on her eyebrow and the outlines on her arm and breast. The dark red one is on her pants and I feel ok with the colour choice I made here as well!

The one colour which I've mentioned before that is in the middle of her arm and also in the right bottom corner before her pants is still actually bugging me a bit, but not so much that I want to change it though :wink:

I'm really happy that I'm done with this, and I've already bought two new charts.
I took a whole day and went through all artists on HAED and bookmarked the ones that I liked (never going to do that again) so next time I'm going to buy I chart I don't have to go through the whole website again.

I bought two charts, link to the motives (not the charts) are here:

Moo quack moo by Gordon Fitchett: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=6227" target="_blank

Joie De Vivre by Josephine Wall: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... s_id=14083" target="_blank

I will be starting with Moo quack moo (love the name), I bought maybe half the colours yesterday and fabric so I'm going to start when I get home from work. On the chart it says that they have 25 ct fabric and I checked it out yesterday and thought "never in my life" so I bought a 14 ct fabric instead, it's going to be humongous but that's fine by me :D

I'm actually going to start with the Joie De Vivre while I'm doing Moo quack moo just to see if I can handle two projects at once, both are going to take a year probably to finish but I don't have a problem with that, I'm just really excited to have a new project that's not all blue (this time it's green instead :roll: )

I'm going to do some stitching this week on the Moo and start posting in a new thread next week.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Years Eve! :wub:

Bea
rcperryls

Re: Witch and her cat - Work in progress - COMPLETED!

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Congratulations on a lovely finish! I think your color choices worked very well! This is one great design.

You have picked two really different but great HAED charts. They are going to be big and beautiful, especially the Josephine Wall design. I am looking forward to watching both progress. Because of the amount of confetti in these designs, you might discover that your stitching progress goes a little slower in some sections, but it will be worth it in the end. I find that having two (actually I probably have too many) or more projects means that when I start to become tired of one project, I can work on the other and my stitchy bug rarely needs to go on vacation.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Awesome finish!!! I'm looking forward to your start on the HAED---looks like a fun design
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Congratulations on a great finish!! And I'm looking forward to your new ones, especially Moo Quack Moo.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Congratulations on your wonderful finish :applesauce: :applesauce: I can't wait to see your HAEDs :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Carole

Post by Carole »

Congrats on finishing that lovely design :applesauce: :applesauce:

I love your cats too :D
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Jewell Stitcher

Post by Jewell Stitcher »

:dance: :applesauce: Congratulations on a great finish. I look forward to seeing your new projects progress.
Anne x

:ratherbe:

WIP:

Big Cats by Tilton Crafts
Birth Sampler
Antique World Map by Jane Greenoff
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A great finish on the Witch and her Cat and your next 2 projects sound really exciting.

Love Tilda, how great to have a snuggly cat, I am missing my Tuppy, as Miss Sasha is not a lap cat, she loves back strokes and ear rubs and rubbing herself around your legs, but lap sit - "no thank you". She doesn't even sit on any of the family's laps either. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: Lovely finish! :applesauce:

WIP
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Good finish, well done.

Like the second new project of yours, will be quite spectacular.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

That is a very beautiful finish. You did a great job in finding substitutes for the colors you were missing. I think you're a bit like me -- two new projects for every finish. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
ZlayaKoshka

Post by ZlayaKoshka »

A beautiful finish, Bea! Congratulations!
--
Maria

My free cross stitch designs -- http://www.happy-stitch.net/categories/stitch-patterns/" target="_blank

2015 Finishes
Mini trees postcard
Stitching out Stigma square

WIP
Cats in the Kitchen, Janlynn crafts (UFO)