Review sites you've ordered from

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Quietmind

Re: Review sites you've ordered from

Post by Quietmind »

I cannot speak highly enough of sewandso. They added a discount code I had forgotten to add to my order, they replaced some missing threads and resent a chart in a kit because it wasn't clear enough - all done very nicely and speedily.

Purple patch designs were also fabulous - I had a problem with the site and they were incredibly helpful on the phone and the delivery was super speedy.
WsIP: Dimensions 'live in the moment';
Bothy cut thru North Pole house
Several cards

Too scared to start: HAEDs: world traveler bookshelf mini; in the eye of the beholder

A returning stitcher, loving how stitching gives me a quiet mind.
sharestitches

Post by sharestitches »

I've ordered from:

- Herrschners...found them to have a solid selection of patterns/fabric/etc *if* a little on the pricey side compared to other sites out there

- 123Stitch...great site! I've ordered a good bit from them and have always had great success with them.

- Everything CrossStitch...won't order from them again. I ordered a piece of fabric from them and they put the fabric (unprotected) into a cardboard envelope mailer and stuck it in the mail...no protection for the fabric at all...not even a bag around it. When I got the fabric, the cardboard mailer had a hole in one corner, exposing the fabric to the elements. I reached out to Everything CrossStitch to let them know I wasn't satisfied with the shipping/handling of the fabric and never heard a word in response. So...with the selection of other sites out there, I think I shall forego Everything CrossStitch.

- HAED...I've ordered hard copy patterns and PDF...both formats have been excellent. Great site!
Happy Stitching!

Current WIPs:
  • Faces of Faery #88 (HAED) by Jasmine Beckett Griffith
  • A Light in the Dark (HAED) by Matthew Stewart
  • Once Upon a Time 2014 Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
  • The Gang's All Here by Disney
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

I need some Grime Guards for my Q-snap frame, and not being a sewer I needed to find someone to buy them from. I saw them on the Nordic Needle site, but you can't pick your fabrics when you order from the (personally I didn't like care for the fabric choices anyway.) I ran across a website of a woman who makes them. She lets you pick your fabric, she has samples up on the site for you to see. From my first contact to her making them was actually about 2 weeks, which isn't bad at all. She's very responsive in email and the grim guards themselves have been great. So if your looking to buy, I would suggest Christine Wilson. Here's her FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/Christinesqsnaphuggies/ and her email forevercowgirl@frontier.com" target="_blank
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

White gloves help against grime too. I use pimple palm cotton gloves and snip the ends off the thumb, index & middle fingers on my needle hand so I can grip the needle. Along with covers it works well. Bought them from seller justhorseriders on UK e-bay. Good service & quick.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

Oh great tip Richard! Thank you!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Silkweavers/Needleworkers Delight ....terrible terrible terrible. No communication and only excuses for not delivering your order. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this company. :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ainjel333

Post by Ainjel333 »

I will never order from Stitches 'N' Stones again. Their website says if it's on the site to order, then it is already dyed and ready to mail within 24-48 hours. I ordered a piece of fabric and a month later with no word from them at all, I emailed them with a very polite, nice email (I was in no big rush for the fabric). I only asked when I should expect to receive the fabric and that I was in no big hurry for it, just wondering. 2 days later, my Paypal payment was refunded with absolutely NO explanation at all. No email, no note on the refund, nothing. And never did hear anything from them. It's a real shame because they have some wonderfully beautiful fabrics.
jbkrisandra2

I recently ordered from Heaven and Earth Designs and from Et

Post by jbkrisandra2 »

I recently purchased a dragon design from Heaven and Earth Designs and I received it in a short amount of time thru the mail. I also ordered The Ranger (it's similar to Aragorn from Lord of the Rings) as a download. However the chart did not down and I was really upset. I emailed customer service and they sent it to me pdf. I really appreciated that. The thing about HAED is that a lot of their charts are relatively large and takes time to stitch it unless you're stitching several hours a day which most working individuals with families can't do. But their designs are very beautiful when stitched. I also download charts from ETSY which can be downloaded right away. I've found quite a few charts I want to stitch and their prices are more moderate. If anyone would like to see what the dragon looks like, check out YouTube, Carolyn Mazzeo, Cross Stitch #5-Part 1- My Current WIPS. Happy Stitching ;-)
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

sharestitches wrote:I've ordered from:

- Herrschners...found them to have a solid selection of patterns/fabric/etc *if* a little on the pricey side compared to other sites out there

- 123Stitch...great site! I've ordered a good bit from them and have always had great success with them.

- Everything CrossStitch...won't order from them again. I ordered a piece of fabric from them and they put the fabric (unprotected) into a cardboard envelope mailer and stuck it in the mail...no protection for the fabric at all...not even a bag around it. When I got the fabric, the cardboard mailer had a hole in one corner, exposing the fabric to the elements. I reached out to Everything CrossStitch to let them know I wasn't satisfied with the shipping/handling of the fabric and never heard a word in response. So...with the selection of other sites out there, I think I shall forego Everything CrossStitch.

- HAED...I've ordered hard copy patterns and PDF...both formats have been excellent. Great site!
I am sorry to hear about your experience with Everything Crossstitch, that is who I ordered fabric from, and am waiting on being shipped ... will let you know how my experience goes, I am a bit nervous now, because I ordered a pretty lime green ... suppose to ship out 01/13/15 ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
LadyGisburne

Post by LadyGisburne »

This is less of a review (I will write one, once I've received my item though...) and more of a query: Did anybody here ever order anything from a Canadian Cross Stitch site called "Gvello.com"? I just did last night... guilty pleasure... because I saw this "Oak Grove" Cross Stitch kit by Luca-S http://www.gvellostitch.com/product/cro ... grove.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" and could not stop thinking about it until I finally ordered it.... I normally always order everything online and never had any problems (knock on wood), it's just that I have seen no review pages for them whatsoever and was just curious... and maybe a tiny bit worried because it is not a cheap kit... :? Well, whatever the outcome, I shall let you know... Can't wait for it to arrive.... :whoop: :wink:

My favourite online shops to order from are:
Artsanddesigns.com - They're simply the best
sewing cafe
Sewandsew
Siamese craft stitcher.com
Polstitches
Needleneeds
Last edited by LadyGisburne on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP
Design Works - Joan Elliott's Spring Fairy
DMC - The Heliotrope Fairy
Dimensions Gold Collection - Fall Fairy
DMC - Floral ABC

Recently Finished
Jann Designs - George Harrison
Several smaller projects from different cross stitch magazines
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

I have ordered from Sew and Sew recently and have been delighted with their responce the patterns I ordered arrived next dayand although when I ordered My Magic Aida they said they were closed for 1 week for stocktaking it arrived the day after they opened.
LadyGisburne

Post by LadyGisburne »

Hi all :D

Just a quick update: I received my order from Gvellostitch.com and am absolutely delighted. It came well wrapped and arrived very quickly from Canada. And I paid more than £25 less than the lowest UK price. Will definitely be ordering from them again... :whoop: :dance: :tizzy:
WIP
Design Works - Joan Elliott's Spring Fairy
DMC - The Heliotrope Fairy
Dimensions Gold Collection - Fall Fairy
DMC - Floral ABC

Recently Finished
Jann Designs - George Harrison
Several smaller projects from different cross stitch magazines
Kibakyu

Post by Kibakyu »

I have ordered from 123stitch and ABC Stitch Therapy and both have been praiseworthy. Talk about online shopping being the future!

One thing I have not seen mentioned here are sites like amazon and ebay, but perhaps they speak for themselves. I have had good experiences there too, especially ebay. Usually designs on there can be much more rare, a lot of them I have not seen before, and they can be really cheap with no shipping charges. People send you designs in protective covers or packaging so they arrive organized and safe!
WIP
Mighty Samurai (large)

~~~~ 好きにしろ! (Do what you like) ~~~~
lcamp

Post by lcamp »

I am waiting on a pattern that I ordered from 123Stitch. Can't wait to see it-Welcome Cats. Have any of you ever ordered just a pattern from 123Stitch? If so, how do they package it? I've seen lots of good things about them from you all.

I ordered a needle minder from someone on Ebay. The needle minder that I ordered had a defect in it that she discovered before shipping, so she sent me another different one(free of charge) while I waited on the one I chose. She was really nice and I would definitely order from her again.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I order patterns from 123 Stitch all of the time and they are packaged in a very nice bubble envelope inside that they are in a ziplock type bag and usually a piece if cardboard so that the package does not bend. They are an excellent company!!!!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

I recently ordered fabric from Julie's X Stitch and it was fast delivery, nicely protected packaging. I will order from her again.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
TheOtherDrew

Post by TheOtherDrew »

I've ordered a few smaller printed cross stitch kits from a chinese company called easybuy-2014 on ebay.

All the colours were organized into numbered hanks on a card and both the paper chart and the colours on the fabric itself were easy to read. I didn't have any problems with the threads breaking, knotting or running. The shipping took a few weeks but that's to be expected. The kit was of a branch of plum blossoms, it measures about 50cm tall and the kit was less than $2 including shipping! I'd buy from them again anytime!
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of their pictures are VAST. 198 x 94cm...............................

That would take decades.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
TheOtherDrew

Post by TheOtherDrew »

richardandtracy wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of their pictures are VAST. 198 x 94cm...............................

That would take decades.

Regards,

Richard
That's nothing, their largest kit is over 6 meters long! (its of a famous Chinese panorama painting called: Along the river at the Quingming festival). Even that one's a fairly reasonable price considering the size of it.
Rosheen

Post by Rosheen »

The first and certainly the last time that I ordered from SewingCafe.
I ordered and paid for a kit on Octobre 1. Heard nothing until Octobre 20, a message saying my order has been dispatched. Ten days later still no delivery and usually from UK to Belgium takes three days.
Their website is (still) down since a few days: 'currently closed until Wednesday 28th October conducting a stock review'. And of course no answer to e-mails.
I have a dark feeling that I can wave the kit and my money goodbey. :cry:
Love,
Hilde

=====================================================================