2015 Deliveries and New Stash Aquisitions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

Re: 2015 Deliveries and New Stash Aquisitions

Post by Squirrel »

That design of the Lords Prayer is really beautiful and I am sure it will be well received by your God Mother. Praying for you to have some extra uninterrupted time to get this finished by the due date. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

That is going to be a beautiful gift!! I'm sure you can get it done, but maybe some prayers for fast fingers will be helpful. :pray:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

I have three new designs...two are from 123Stitch and one I got from Hobby Lobby when I took Pumpkin Swirl to be framed. (I can't wait to get it back - I think it's going to look really pretty...fingers crossed.)

I love autumn and the two autumn pieces have been on my wish list for a very, VERY long time. Falling Leaves is another band sampler from Fireside Originals (same designer as Colorado band sampler). Floating Leaves by Glendon Place is so pretty and autumn-y. The third one is a small kit by Riolis - I love blow flowers (dandelions) and when I saw this, I had to have it. I put the 40% off coupon to good use.

In case you can't read the words on the autumn designs (because the words are as important as the designs), here you go:

Falling Leaves - Crisp autumn winds send spinning jewels down to earth's carpet
Floating Leaves - Let us wander here and there...like floating leaves in the autumn air.

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: what fun and beautiful projects!! I can't wait to see you start on them
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I want to see them started now please - I LOVE autumn especially and spring is a close 2nd. They are gorgeous designs Debby. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

WIPS
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

I started the Lord's Prayer and its horribly frustrating!! The thread keeps breaking and knotting and ive spent tons of time unknotting and rethreading my needle. I completed three of the letter rows done when my husband said to me, you're spending more time in knotting the thread than actually stitching it, Why don't you do it in Peggys favorite colors.

I'm going to keep this one as is, and if I ever want to be frustrated on purpose I'll use it in the golds.

Yesterday I went and got enough blues and a new piece of fabric to redo the project. And I also got a frame for it.. now to restart.

I love the Autumn too!! My favorite season! I can't wait to see those stitched up .
fccs

Post by fccs »

StitchinWitch wrote: I completed three of the letter rows done when my husband said to me, you're spending more time in knotting the thread than actually stitching it, Why don't you do it in Peggys favorite colors.
Your husband is very wise, bless his heart!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Debby, lovely projects, looking forward to seeing the "in stitch"...

Stitchinwitch, I'm sorry you had a nightmare with the thread, I hope you are going to tell the seller? I bet it will look wonderful with your own colours though. So much more personal.

My only real stitching purchase recently was a Raymond Briggs cartoon of Santa from DMC, only available in a kit so I bit the bulket and bought it, and the chart was unreadable in part! It was a poor photocopy and the light symbols were so light you couldn't always distinguish one from the other! I contacted the company I bought it from who said they'd give me a refund but couldn't replace it and as is had trouble finding it in the first place I ended up contacted DMC themselves and complaining, and they sent me a better chart, clearly printed and on good quality paper. Like the Bothy and Heritage charts. So that's great but several other people also said that theirs had been poor quality as well. Not what you expect from someone like DMC is it?

Due to Cirrus' mounting vet bill I'll be on a stash ban for the foreseeable but I snuck under the wire and got a large piece of handdyed fabby from Sam (Chromatic Alchemy)....can't wait!!

Niki xxxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
muguet

Post by muguet »

Wonderful additions everyone!! The Lord Prayer's is such a beautiful project, I'm sure your Godmother will be so pleased. Sisters give so much and get so little in return, I'm sure my aunt in Heaven would agree that it is a beautiful and meaningful gift! :wub:
Mary

WIPs
"Angel Sampler" (S 07/05)
"Holiday Town Church" (S 08/12)
"Whats This" HAED (S 08/28)

Finishes
"Patience" (S 08/08 F 08/19)
"Schubeart" (S 20/08 F 08/23)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Back from the UK with STASH!!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :dance: :dance: :dance:

These are a couple of charts The Hardanger Sampler is going to be a bit of a SAL this Autumn and the 'Shed' chart my Hubby requested...he does go target shooting and he does have a shed!!! :lol:

I love Threadworxs threads and I just HAD to buy this Bundle....I want to make some coasters and there will be enough here for a 'seasonal selection' using one of Mabel's design packs

These are the threads for the Hardanger Sampler...(not the dark red or the blue/yellow...that's to go with some #5 pearl I already had.) I want to do the Sampler in Pastels with pale green infill stitches.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Great new stash ladies! :applesauce:

I've bought myself a couple of little kits from Sew and So for over the winter months. They were both so cute and I love stitching cute characters :D

Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

They are both adorable!! Can't wait to see you stitching these!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Wendywombat - great kits and lovely lovely threads to enjoy playing with

Nicola, they are both adorable and will brighten up any winters day I am sure.

Great stash ladies.

WIPS
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

What lovely kits & threads - lots of lovely makes to look forward to seeing on here :whoop: :)
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Lots of lovely stash. Really love the dandelions and I always like looking at threads. I sometimes think I enjoy looking at them more than using them!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
fccs

Post by fccs »

A friend is going through her mom's house after moving her to assisted living, and when she finds stitchy stuff, she gives it to me. She just brought me a bag of stuff that included some nice fabric (lugana, Dublin linen, aida), fibers (mainly Perle 5), and these treasures:

This one is beautiful - I could cheat and just finish this one (she has no idea who did it - not her mom) but I want to do it from scratch.

I got the book free when I ordered something from Stoney Creek awhile ago - and the fabric was in the bag of goodies. What a happy conicidence.

I've never seen anything like this - it's beautiful. Will I ever do it? Doubtful, but look how pretty!!!

I love this sampler and it will go on my to-do list (which is LONG). It uses DMC fibers but the chart only gives the name (e.g., light green, dark blue) but I'm sure I can pick colors that work perfectly.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

What a superb bag of goodies! What a lucky find they are! :D
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:

Debby, those are just amazing and the blackwork one is a treasure for sure(may need to hunt down that chart myself) !!! Drooling big time!! Enjoy your goodies :)
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: What a fabulous haul that is Debby. Have fun with it all. :lol:

WIPS
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote::whoop: :whoop: :whoop: What a fabulous haul that is Debby. Have fun with it all. :lol:
I agree!! What a wonderful treasure trove! Enjoy!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker