Needles

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Reta

Re: Needles

Post by Reta »

So you cross each stitch as you go ...Will have a play on a small project

I often hear my Mum n Dad in me head if i do wrong lol
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Reta wrote:So you cross each stitch as you go ...Will have a play on a small project

I often hear my Mum n Dad in me head if i do wrong lol
No, if I cross country, I go right to left first half, then come back left to right second half. On my bigger ones, some single stitches as I go mixed with cross country stitching. It is just most charts show you going from left to right first and come back right to left. I am stitching white on white at the moment so it would not be a good example to give, as it would be hard to see. But when I get to the black again, I will update again with pictures :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
bracken

Post by bracken »

I know the self-threading needles should be easy - but I just can't get to grips with them - or maybe I've got a faulty batch!
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I use a range of needles and mostly use whatever I can find when I need them but have been delighted with Birch needles bought at a very large craft and housewares store. Like them so much that when I last visited I bought several packets of all the sizes I use in tapestry crewel and sharps. This store is not in my home town so I stocked up. Mostly my needles die of old age or in some more challenging projects they may collapse around the eye.
meldmac

Post by meldmac »

I am using dmc needles right now but usually use piece makers and really like them.
"Some people only dream of angels, I held one in my arms."

WIPS - Red Owl, Super Mario Bros, and Dream Castle
UFO's - Invariance, Rainbow Mermaid