Design Suggestions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LastingAllure

Design Suggestions

Post by LastingAllure »

Since there are a few designers in this group, I was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to suggest some design ideas of what you would like to see a pattern of in the future*. Us designers are always looking for new ideas and inspirations. What might not inspire one person might just inspire someone else.

:stars:

*Please note, we cannot infringe on copyright and trademarks. That includes Disney, Minions, Doctor Who.....etc. We can however design fairytales such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc. as long as they don't imply or look anything like Disney's versions.
Rose

Re: Design Suggestions

Post by Rose »

Shannon you must be a mind reader. I was going to contact you and see if I could get you to make up a pattern for me I am looking for some thing similar to this

I know this one is someone else's art but what I am looking for is a cartoony figure dressed in a pilot outfit. Or any aviation themed picture. The leather hat and goggles with a scarf are of interest. I am trying to find more items that would work up for men. I have several gifts to give to men this year.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

I would like to see some more designs for men, also.

My DH is really into army stuff - like tanks, cannons, trucks, jeeps, guns, airplanes - from WWII.

I'm more of a girl, so I like flowers and butterflies!!! -lol

:wub:
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

Many families are not of birth but by adoption and fostering or absorbing other relatives kids. Many grand parents bring up grandchildren yet while I can find birth samplers and even those applying to adoption but nothing with regards to families built by choice or need.
themuzikchild

Post by themuzikchild »

I have to agree that there aren't enough patterns for men. DB would fall over dead if I could find him a Harley Davidson pattern. He might not even gripe about me buying yet another chart to stitch. :wink:
WIPs in Rotation
HAED_Jodi Bergsma - Hummers
HAED_Annya Kai - Grumpy Owl QS
2105 Finishes
Thomas Kinkade - The Lion King 5x7
My Blogs
https://craftymakings.blogspot.com
http://stitchystart.blogspot.com/
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have a Harley Davidson pattern. When I get home tonight I will scan it for you. We can work out a deal on it.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
themuzikchild

Post by themuzikchild »

Rose wrote:I have a Harley Davidson pattern. When I get home tonight I will scan it for you. We can work out a deal on it.
YAY! OMG thank you!!! :tizzy: :dance: :whoop:
WIPs in Rotation
HAED_Jodi Bergsma - Hummers
HAED_Annya Kai - Grumpy Owl QS
2105 Finishes
Thomas Kinkade - The Lion King 5x7
My Blogs
https://craftymakings.blogspot.com
http://stitchystart.blogspot.com/
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I second the adoption thing. I did samplers for both my adopted nephews, just put two dates on the, their brith day and their "gotcha day" so most can be adapted, but it would be lovely to have a dedicated one.

Moving on from that there's another adoption that might have some fans, dogs and cats etc....

I love what you have done already, I'd say your instincts are good and not to try too hard to stray too far from what you instinctively want to do.

YAY it's the Sewing Bee! More thoughts later. I love Claud!!!!
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
fccs

Post by fccs »

I love all the suggestions so far...would it be weird if I ask for something I don't like? I mean really don't like? Because I love everything you've done and I just don't have time for another WIP right now. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends