Helpful pets

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

shadyglade

Re: Helpful pets

Post by shadyglade »

Well I did manage to finally get a couple hours to myself this weekend to devote to stitching... until my helper decided to come velcro himself to my leg.

He kept "helping" by grabbing the thread as I pulled it through the fabric. If only I could train him to pull the right way, instead of back through the hole I just put the needle through!
fccs

Post by fccs »

shadyglade wrote: If only I could train him to pull the right way, instead of back through the hole I just put the needle through!
Just think how much faster you'd be able to stitch! And don't you just love velcro kitties.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Carole

Post by Carole »

fccs wrote:
Carole wrote:
fccs wrote: Is the afghan knitted or crocheted? It looks similar to some crocheted log cabin patterns I've seen, but prettier. I've been wanting to try one...this may get me going.
It's crocheted using Vanna's Choice, which I stuffed the suitcases with when we came back from Florida a couple of years ago. I only just got it all in. Good job yarn is squishy :lol:

I found the free pattern on Ravelry, here. It was lovely to hook with several different textures.
Thanks! Pattern has been saved. I've used Vanna's Choice for a few things and it's a very nice yarn. I know DMC floss is pricey over there; is yarn the same?

(And don't you wish all souvenirs were so light weight and squishy? I had to pay an extra fee when I came back from my Alaska cruise in 2010. Thankfully the fee wasn't nearly as outrageous as it is now.)
Some yarn isn't too bad, such as Stylecraft special DK. Others are very expensive. I couldn't resist the Vanna's Choice though as not only was it on sale at Michaels, but I had a voucher for a further % off.

Lots of gorgeous stuff in Alaska. I resisted most of it when we did our cruise in 2011, but I was so tempted by one store that had all bamboo clothing. I :wub: bamboo.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs