Madder than a wet hen!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Congrats on quitting smoking , that is the best thing you could do for your health. good luck. (I understand stitching is a great quitting aid hehe, after all, busy fingers) andI understand about running out of thread. I am still, working on my pears, I ran out of purple so I order some and it came quickly so I thought, well now I can finish BUT NO!!!!!!!, I ran out of the background colour!! I think that patterns should indicate if you need more than one skein, especially if you need THREE. So now I have to order floss on line unless I can borrow my friends car hehe. Soooooo frustrating, so close to finishing too,. Oh well I will have to start something else until I get floss, how tragic...................... :lol:
Linda
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Well Donr Raelou! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Mauveme... what a pain, I totally agree about patterns stating how many skeins is needed for a design. One or two I've used have stated but majority don't. :evil:

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh, Mauveme, you too eh? I have recovered my normal good humour now and able to giggle at getting so Mad :x about not having enough thread. I can at least work on my poppy. I was saving the final poppy until last, but I can complete that and the stalks in 3 shades of green. AND I am filling an internet order shopping basket too. YES... more Stash :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh my best friend is giving my $50 for my birthday in June so I can order more stash, whooohoo. I am getting more Qsnaps for sure. I went through my floss today and have my list ready. I need some fabric for a lighthouse I am doing but in the meantime I started a new one,. A store front selling quilts. Hope everyone is happily stitching.
Linda
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

Robzeebobs wrote:
You are all so lucky - Dmc is $1-40 per skein here in NZ. I have managed to get some cheaper through our online auction site TradeMe.
Gosh, that's really expensive! I thought prices in NZ were similar to Oz?

Just spent $30 odd today buying heap of DMC threads ($0.84 at the moment) and Mill Hill seed beads plus a new tidy container as my other one is full :oops:

Was after some 16 count aida as well for the 12 angels from "World of Cross Stitching", but typcially they didn't have any :evil:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Lord, I don't think I would stitch as much if I had to pay those prices for floss.
Linda