Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 10 August

Post by imogenX »

Wow, what beautiful animals!

I'm still at 1/10. :doh:
-Imogen

Current WIPs
HAED SK Some Enchanted Evening
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
Animal Alphabet SAL (Anna Gutova for Artmishka)
Modern Folk Embroidery SAL 2021
Wonders of the Solar System SAL (Climbing Goat Designs)
Gnomes (Designs by Gloria & Pat)
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 10 August

Post by fccs »

Next two:

22 - Pearl Street Mall
This pedestrian mall in Boulder is home to small and large retail shops, a wide variety of restaurants, street performers, and small kiosks selling usual and unusual items. The Boulder County Courthouse is also here; wouldn't it be fun to work there and every day spend your lunch break on the mall? It could get expensive, I guess, but it's a fantastic place to people watch. A popular destination for tourists and locals, its close proximity to "CU" (University of Colorado, Boulder) makes it a fun and vibrant place for the CU students.

27 - Spring Canyon Park
One of many terrific parks in Fort Collins, Spring Canyon Park is one of my favorites. It covers 100 acres and is right up against the foothills on the west side of the city. It has a great playground (Colorado's first universally accessible playground), a two-acre dog park (so much fun to just watch the dogs play), picnic areas, biking and walking and horse trails, basketball and tennis courts, and plenty of open space. Fort Collins is a very dog friendly town and you'll always see lots of dogs taking their owners on walks in the park.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
perftangel

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 11 August

Post by perftangel »

When I visited my husband & I said, "Welcome to Ft Collins, here have a dog." :) There were so many people with them everywhere!

and I'm still at 2/10. :)
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 11 August

Post by fccs »

perftangel wrote:When I visited my husband & I said, "Welcome to Ft Collins, here have a dog."
@rotfl: @rotfl: That should be our city motto.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 12 August

Post by fccs »

I'm putting up today's numbers early as I'm heading down to Denver for a concert tonight (Santana and Rod Stewart). The second number today is timely after yesterday's sad news about Robin Williams.

13 - Horsetooth Rock
Commonly called Horsetooth Mountain, it is a large rock formation just west of Fort Collins and is visible from just about everywhere in the city. Legend says the mountain was named Horsetooth because the early Indians thought it resembled a horse's mouth. It's elevation is about 7,300 feet and the views from the top are beautiful, but the hike to the top is not for the first time hiker (and no, I've never hiked it).

20 - Mork and Mindy House
Nanu nanu. Does anyone here remember the Mork and Mindy tv show? It was set in Boulder and the Victorian house in the opening shots of each episode is in Boulder at 1619 Pine Street. People live there, so you can't go knocking on the door, but if you're in Boulder, it's worth cruising by. If you're too young to remember Mork and Mindy, find some episodes to watch. It was a typically zany Robin Williams showcase. His comedic and dramatic talents will be missed.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

4/10, and just heartbroken about Robin Williams. :cry:
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

fccs wrote:I'm putting up today's numbers early as I'm heading down to Denver for a concert tonight (Santana and Rod Stewart). The second number today is timely after yesterday's sad news about Robin Williams.
We had that convo about the Sanatana Stewart concert, let me know what you think!

Also, you going to the stitching place?!?! ;)

Also, 3/10.
imogenX

Post by imogenX »

I'm still 1/10. :doh:
-Imogen

Current WIPs
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

None yesterday, but both today so I'm 5/10 of the way there.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

perftangel wrote:
fccs wrote:I'm putting up today's numbers early as I'm heading down to Denver for a concert tonight (Santana and Rod Stewart). The second number today is timely after yesterday's sad news about Robin Williams.
We had that convo about the Sanatana Stewart concert, let me know what you think!

Also, you going to the stitching place?!?! ;)

Also, 3/10.
You guys were right. Santana's half had the best music but Rod Stewart's half was the most fun. It was a fantastic concert. One of the funniest things all night was after Rod finished one of his songs early in the concert (keep in mind the concert was in Colorado at altitude), he said, "F*ck! I can't breathe!! It was great!

And I did not get to the stitching place because my friend had to get back to pick up her dog from doggie day care.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 13 August

Post by fccs »

Back from my concert and here are the next two numbers:

6 - 16th Street Mall
The 16th Street Mall is a pedestrian mall in LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver), but there is a free shuttle bus will transport you along the mall if you tire of walking. The Mall is about one mile long and is lined with chain and independent retail stores, restaurants with sidewalk dining, and street artists. It's definitely worth a visit when you're in the Denver area.

16 - Estes Park
Estes Park is a picturesque town along the Big Thompson River and is the eastern entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Tourism is big in Estes and when the flood hit last year, the town really suffered as two of the main roads in were severely damaged. The Stanley Hotel is in Estes; for those of you who are not Stephen King fans, the Stanley was King's inspiration for The Shining. In fact, the movie The Shining plays in a continuous loop in the guest rooms. Each September, Estes Park is the location of the Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival. The Stitchin' Den in Estes is a fun LNS with lots of yarn and local cross stitch charts.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 14 August

Post by fccs »

I've got a full day planned (some raptors and prairie dogs to see - not in the same location, my first attempt at geocachig, a couple restaurants and a whiskey pub to visit, and more), so here are today's Bingo numbers, earlier than usual. I'll check in later this evening.

9 - Rocky Mountain National Park
The park covers 415 square miles and has over 60 peaks above 12,000 feet. It's the highest park in the National Park system, with elevations between 7,860 to 14,259 feet; more than one third of the park is above the tree line. Entrances to the park are on the west side (Grand Lake) and the east side (Estes Park). From Denver, it takes about two hours to get to Rocky; from my town, about an hour. It's a beautiful park and a definite must-see when in Colorado.

24 - Fort Collins
Ah, Fort Collins...my home for the past four years. Fort Collins is about 65 miles north of Denver and 45 miles south of Cheyenne, Wyoming, and nestled right up against the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. The population in 2012 was about 148,600 (the fourth most populous city in the state) and the city has a total are of 47.1 square miles. Two rivers run through the city, the Cache la Poudre and Spring Creek; walking and biking trails parallel both rivers. We have four distinct seasons, 300 days of sunshine a year, and a very comfortable climate. Summers are warm to hot, and winters are mildly cold to really cold at times, with an average of 60 inches of snow a year and 16 inches of rain. Like I said, winters are mild in that typically, snow will fall for a day or so, the sun comes out, and within a couple days, the snow is gone (we average about 29 snowy days a year). The weather here, as in Colorado in general, changes quickly and it isn't at all unusual to get all four seasons in one 24 hour period. Fort Collins is the home to Colorado State University, several tech related companies (HP, Avago, AMD, Otter Box), microbreweries (New Belgium, Odell, Fort Collins Brewery, Equinox, and more), the Budweiser Brewery (and the Clydesdales), and so much more...but no LNS.

Good luck with your numbers...is anyone getting close?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

none for me yesterday or today so I'm still at 5/10. Have fun today!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

fccs wrote: Santana's half had the best music but Rod Stewart's half was the most fun. It was a fantastic concert. One of the funniest things all night was after Rod finished one of his songs early in the concert (keep in mind the concert was in Colorado at altitude), he said, "F*ck! I can't breathe!! It was great!

And I did not get to the stitching place because my friend had to get back to pick up her dog from doggie day care.
Haha! Yeah that's what we figured too. And oh that's hilarious! We clearly did not have that issue here. ;)

Awe, boo! ;) At least your wallet is safe (for now).

I'm at 6/10 now! :)
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

5/10

:P
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
imogenX

Post by imogenX »

Moved up to 4/10!
-Imogen

Current WIPs
Stitchonomy Winter SAL
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 15 August

Post by fccs »

Things are back to normal here, whatever that means, I guess. My Cali friend left today and that makes me sad, but we had a great time, with lots and lots of laughs. She comes out to visit me usually twice a year, and I go to Cali once a year, so we had plenty of things to catch up on.

And now, back to your bingo numbers:

2 - Garden of the Gods
Garden of the Gods is a 1,320 acre park owned by the City of Colorado Springs. The site is a National Natural Landmark, having been recognized by the Department of the Interior as "a nationally-significant natural area." It offers towering sandstone formations and a wonderful view of Pikes Peak. Webcam link: http://www.visitcos.com/colorado-springs/webcam" target="_blank" target="_blank

3 - Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Colorado Springs is home to the only mountain zoo in the United States, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. With over 200 species, there is a lot to see here, and you'll get your exercise doing it. My personal favorite here would be the giraffes. The zoo has the largest reticulated giraffe herd of any zoo in North America and you can feed them!! The giraffes are outside during zoo hours when the temperature is over 40F and the ground is dry. If you're lucky, you'll be able to see some of the herd here: http://www.cmzoo.org/animalsPlants/anim ... ffeCam.asp" target="_blank" target="_blank. If Cheyenne Mountain sounds familiar, it's because it was the home of NORAD and was also the setting for the Stargate tv series.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 16 August

Post by fccs »

Today's numbers...

11 - Russian Tea House
The official name is the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse and it's located along Boulder Creek in Central Park. Completely build by hand without the use of any power tools, the Teahouse was constructed in Dushanbe, Tajikistan as a gift to their sister city, Boulder. It was disassembled, crated up, and sent halfway around the world to be rebuilt in Boulder as a symbol of friendship and cultural exploration. In addition to regular meals, an afternoon tea is served.

http://www.boulderteahouse.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

15 - Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Springs is known for both its summer activities (hiking, biking, golfing, backpacking, kayaking) and its winter activities (world class skiing). It's located in the Yampa Valley, against the western ridge of the Continental Divide. The city's name comes from the fact that the French trappers there in the 1860's could hear a hot spring and to them it sounded like a steamboat. This link should have a web cam of Gondola Square: http://www.steamboat.com/the-mountain/l ... dwall.aspx" target="_blank" target="_blank
I've ridden the gondola to the top of the mountain and it's beautiful!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 16 August

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: Both on Friday but :( none yesterday). 7/10 and learning lots about Colorado!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Re: I Love Colorado Bingo - 17 August

Post by fccs »

Today's numbers are a little later than usual because I was down in Denver today for a baseball game. Rockies won!!

Ready?

1 - Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak is one of the 14'ers in the State of Colorado, and at 14,110 feet, it isn't the highest but is one of the most famous. Katherine Bates visited Pikes Peak in 1893 and when she saw the view, she was inspired to write her poem "America the Beautiful." Pikes Peak is just west of Colorado Springs and takes on a beautiful pink glow when the sun rises, but don't be fooled by the sunny sight. The average high temperature at the summit is approximately 26° F. Here's a link to the cameras on the Peak: http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=87" target="_blank" target="_blank.

10 - Celestial Seasonings
If you like tea, you should include Celestial Seasonings on your list of things to do. Located in Boulder, the free tours take you through the actual manufacturing area (so hair and beard nets are required), including rooms where various tea leaves are stored. (The peppermint room will clear your sinuses.) Before your tour, you can sample as many of their teas as you want; if you run out of time, return and finish sampling after the tour. There's a gift shop (of course) that sells the same teas you can get in your local stores, as well as some you can only get at Celestial Seasonings. One of my favorites is Tension Tamer, a tea made from catnip; it has the opposite effect on humans as it does on cats. It works...a very calming, relaxing tea.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends