I've got someone over my shoulder as I stitch

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Leroy_B

I've got someone over my shoulder as I stitch

Post by Leroy_B »

Just as the title says as I felt something tickling the back of my neck as I sat back to see what my next step to do on the cloth. This is Lana, a Torti Point Siamese taking a cat nap on the back of my recliner, the stitching chair and tv and reading and yes I have fallen asleep in the chair. Occasionally she looks over my shoulder to make sure I don't make any mistakes. She's an extremely well behaved cat.
Leroy
Parksfarm

Re: I've got someone over my shoulder as I stitch

Post by Parksfarm »

Ooh, she's gorgeous Leroy! And very helpful I see... :)
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: She's absolutely gorgeous!!!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

Parksfarm wrote:Ooh, she's gorgeous Leroy! And very helpful I see... :)
Thank you. See the paw hanging down? That's what she uses to thump me on the back of the head if I make a mistake or take too long a break.....lol.
Leroy
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

She's gorgeous Leroy :wub:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Ohh fluffy!

She looks a lot like the 'stray' cats next door.. we have several in the neighborhood that don't really belong to anyone but the house next door puts food out for them, so they spend most of their time there. Does she have pale pale blue eyes too?
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

She is adorable. And another lovely feline addition to the many fur babies without whom so many of us could not stitch!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

NeedleAndFork wrote:Ohh fluffy!

She looks a lot like the 'stray' cats next door.. we have several in the neighborhood that don't really belong to anyone but the house next door puts food out for them, so they spend most of their time there. Does she have pale pale blue eyes too?
The poor babies if left out to the cold. Feeding them is good/bad. Once you feed them they'll never go away but who has the heart to let them starve. If they have no shelter there's no shelter there's web sites for strays on how to build shelter with storage containers and insulation and hay. It's the best one can do for the poor things. Where I live stray cats are on the bottom of the food chain, unfortunately. There's fisher cats, and coyotes that rule the area. She doesn't have pale blue eyes she has bright blue eyes.
Leroy
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

rcperryls wrote:She is adorable. And another lovely feline addition to the many fur babies without whom so many of us could not stitch!

Carole
:dance:
LOL, another? Add in a Flame Point Himalayan, 3 Pugs (fawn, black and brindle) and 6 Fids (feathered kids, parrots). Pictures to come in the future.
Leroy
fccs

Post by fccs »

Leroy_B wrote:See the paw hanging down? That's what she uses to thump me on the back of the head if I make a mistake or take too long a break.....lol.
Lana's soooo pretty! Sometimes I wish my fur baby, Jackson, would take Lana's position, instead of laying under my frame, or on my bags of floss, or on my chart...oh, the list goes on. He does like to follow the floss in and out of the fabric, sometimes trying to swat it. And the other day I was working on a project in a small hoop and he decided to (while I was holding the hoop and stitching) chew on the corner of the fabric. Oh, and he likes to gnaw on the knobs on my scroll frame, too. So your Lana is a very low key assistant. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

fccs wrote:
Leroy_B wrote:See the paw hanging down? That's what she uses to thump me on the back of the head if I make a mistake or take too long a break.....lol.
Lana's soooo pretty! Sometimes I wish my fur baby, Jackson, would take Lana's position, instead of laying under my frame, or on my bags of floss, or on my chart...oh, the list goes on. He does like to follow the floss in and out of the fabric, sometimes trying to swat it. And the other day I was working on a project in a small hoop and he decided to (while I was holding the hoop and stitching) chew on the corner of the fabric. Oh, and he likes to gnaw on the knobs on my scroll frame, too. So your Lana is a very low key assistant. :-)
Good Lord Jackson!!
Leroy
Rose

Post by Rose »

What a beautiful lady!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Ecoguru

Post by Ecoguru »

I love it when men stitch - just taught my 10 year old son to cross stitch and tapestry. He's loving it! :applesauce:
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Very cute!
thread garden

Post by thread garden »

What a gorgeous cat! I have a blue British shorthair who loves sitting on my patterns.
Jan
http://www.threadgarden.blogspot.com.au" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIPs
Cut Thru' Castle (Bothy Threads)
Noah's Ark (Dimensions)
Shores of Hawk Run Hollow (CHS)
Bringing Home the Tree (LHN)
Christmas Stocking (SB)
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Leroy_B wrote:
NeedleAndFork wrote:Ohh fluffy!

The poor babies if left out to the cold. Feeding them is good/bad. Once you feed them they'll never go away but who has the heart to let them starve. If they have no shelter there's no shelter there's web sites for strays on how to build shelter with storage containers and insulation and hay. It's the best one can do for the poor things. Where I live stray cats are on the bottom of the food chain, unfortunately. There's fisher cats, and coyotes that rule the area. She doesn't have pale blue eyes she has bright blue eyes.
Oh.. no cold here, I'm in California where 50 degrees is *OMG FREEZING* .. lol. If anything the summer heat is the issue then the tempertatur soars above 100 degrees. But my neighbor has some crates on their sides by his front door for them to sleep in, there are lots of bushes they like to hide under for shade, and both he and I make sure there is water out for them to drink.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I have two-Cleo an Egyptian Mau and Sushi a British short hair.Their attitude is "sit on the lap then she can't stitch"!!!!!!!A previous cat Merlin used to use my lap frame as a hammock if I was silly enough to leave it within his reach.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:lol: Lana is gorgeous and such a help to you I am sure. It is always disconcerting to see those bright blue eyes instead of the usual gold or green but oh so lovely in their small faces.

My Tuppence is part Oriental but gingery in colour and apart from 1 3 minute session on my knee when I was stitching the other day he ignores it. It was another cool day and he wanted a warm lap and some attention but I was busy stitching so he left. Very demanding young man he is - I am supposed to stop what I am doing and give him what he wants. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

She looks like 1 of our 8 outdoor cats named Sandy. She had a twin brother named Smokie, but he didn't live long. Both were caught out in our driveway when a rapid rainstorm came thru and our driveway was flooded, and Smokie was washed down the hill.
We have a inside black/white cat named Oreo, yep, between his ears, there is white line that separates the black to look like a Oreo cookie, and when B/H leaves for work or goes out on errand on the weekends, Oreo hops up on B/H's recliner's back and sleeps til I come and start supper around 1 pm.
We are animal lovers and we have a metal building that we leave open, about a hand width, for the out door cats to get into when the weather is bad. 3 of the 8 have claimed it this year. Sandy, her mom and another female. Sandy and her brother, Peanut, orange male cat, was born in 1 of 2 dog houses last year, that we still have in the buildings, even though we don't have our 2 dogs anymore.

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND. :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

What a gorgeous helper you have :wub:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed