It's finally here!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

bookknurd

It's finally here!

Post by bookknurd »

After many weeks of waiting, my new light/magnifier is finally here! I ordered it back in August at my LNS, because she had one in the store for stitchy nights. I really liked the set up and what not, so I asked her to get me one with her next order.

I've been asking and asking about it every time I go in there (usually about once a week). I finally made myself stop asking because I felt that I was probably getting pretty obnoxious. :P Anyway, I was there yesterday for sit and stitch and I had probably been there about 45 minutes (being a good girl and stitching and not finding new things to buy), when the owner said "I got a package in today, I bet your light is in it!".

It's the Dublin Craftlite magnifier/light combo (you can shorten the stand part). Also, it has an optional table clamp attachment which is on it's way (and which was a surprise, because I didn't know I was getting it). You can plug it into the wall or use batteries, which would be awesome if the power went out. :) I'll have to be sure to get an emergency supply of them.

It's 2x magnification which is just about perfect for me. I can now work on higher count fabrics without having to hold it extremely close to my face. I haven't got to try it with my stand yet, just when I was holding my frame in hand, but I will hopefully be able to soon.

Also, once I've used it for a while, I hope to do a review on my blog. The Needle and Thread has a very complete review here.
Last edited by bookknurd on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
wendywombat

Re: It's finally here!

Post by wendywombat »

:dance: :dance:

Yay!! I've got that one....only mine's called a Purelite! It's BRILLIANT!!! :dance:

You Will Love it!!! :D 8) :wub: :wub:

I haven't tried with batteries yet, but I have used it without plugging in when I'm in my sun-room, and I don't need extra light.

Have Fun!!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Love it!! I hope you get many years of happy stitching out of it!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Congrats! I have the same one and I couldn't do without it!
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Rose

Post by Rose »

:applesauce: :dance: :applesauce: :dance: Have fun with that.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I really can't wait to try working on my HAEDs with it, especially Quilts of Cape Cod which is on linen. Should make it go a little quicker, hopefully.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mine is a Daylight and looks exactly like yours except it is without a battery, which if and when I need to replace mine I would love to have. I can hardly stitch without it and any mobile magnifier is never satisfactory now (around my neck, clipped to frame etc). I love it! And I know you will love yours. HAEDs on the larger cts (25 and 28 for me) are easy to grid and a pleasure to stitch on.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Now you will be flying through your WIP's so well. Patience has been rewarded. :D :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

A very wise investment :applesauce:
I have the same one and just LOVE it :wub:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Oh fantastic!!! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I might get her to order me one as well. :P I really need to stop by on Tuesday's Sit and Stitch, things have just been a little busy for me with hubby back home and the ever growing belly.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oohhhh....nice. I could use one of those. Time to start shopping around online...no LNS near me.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

LadyS wrote:Oh fantastic!!! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I might get her to order me one as well. :P I really need to stop by on Tuesday's Sit and Stitch, things have just been a little busy for me with hubby back home and the ever growing belly.
Actually, I'm not sure. :P I had some store credit from August so that covered a good chunk of it. But I think it was around $130 total. I'm also getting the optional table clamp, so I guess that's included in the price (I didn't know I was getting it until I picked up my lamp Tuesday :) ). She has them in the store, if you want to check it out before buying. That's what I did, to see if I liked the light/magnification. I'm really pleased with the way it works and the quality of the construction.

I'm trying to go to Tuesday's Sit and Stitch regularly now, so I hope you stop by some time. It would be lovely to finally meet you! PM me if you know you're going a certain day, and I'll be sure to be there. :)
Juut

Post by Juut »

beautiful lamp
Current Wip:
Cut Thru Stable - Bothy Threads
Autumn Fairy - Joan Elliott
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Nice purchase!
Enjoy your new magnifier