No colour guide and I'm stuck!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

flower

No colour guide and I'm stuck!

Post by flower »

Hi everybody, my name's Gina. I'm doing a cross stitch by Sue Cook called Light of the World and was wondering if anybody else has done this pattern before. I'm having trouble because 3 of the key colours are not listed and some that are, are not in the pattern. Has anybody else had this problem with patterns? Many thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated :?
Fizzbw

Re: No colour guide and I'm stuck!

Post by Fizzbw »

Hi Gina, nice to meet you.

If the main colours aren't listed thatis not good! I've never done the chart you talk about, but is it part of a kit or a chart in a book? Your best bet is to contact the designer, kit maker or even publisher to get enlightenment!

Is it that the symbols are not in the key that are in the chart or is it that they a missing from the design on the chart? Is there any way you can figure it out and asign the colours tothe symbols?

How annoying for you!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
flower

Post by flower »

Hi Niki,

Thanks for your help nice to talk this over with someone :)

There is a whole row of 3 symbols and colors missing from the bottom line, did try to get a hold of the publisher but never heard back from them. Couldn't even find the designer.

For example I've got a 'C' in the chart but no key, but a 'G' that only has a few stitches but it's an olive green which would definitely look funny in his beard :) thought they might have made a typo. Definitely gets the creative mind working.

Copied it out of a book from the library and took it in to where I get my skeins etc from and even the lady there was baffled. I've had to do a 'guesstimate' in colors closest to what I think is right and try to match it in yesterday. At the end of it it's going to be another of those "Gina additions". :) Next time I'll check every single symbol on the chart to make sure all are accounted for. Kits are so much easier eh. Blessings. xx
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

No probs Flower :)

Could you have missed the symbols when you copied the chart? Or did the book just not have them in it?? Weird.

I hope you can figure out the right colours!

Remember to post your progress In the SAL forum!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
mag327

Post by mag327 »

Go with whatever looks right to you. It is your piece in the end, so just come up with a color that looks right to you, even if it isn't even close to the original design.
Current WIP:
Mario Through the Ages
Lizzie Kate ABC's of Christmas

Most Recent Finishes:
Princes Sleeps
Home is ...