Cafe La Frog 2013

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

cairee

Re: Cafe La Frog 2013

Post by cairee »

mauveme wrote:Oh no, that's nasty, If it was me, I would chuck the thing and start over again
actually thats exactly what I did in the end. new fabric is on the way, smaller size to, 18 count instead of 14 count. and I got a new large scroll frame for it.
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh I am going to have a very large frog fry tonight. I have to :anotherfrog: the entire stitching I did last night on my Cake project. I can not find where I went wrong but it is off in 3 places so I am just going to take it all out and start fresh. I am so mad as I have a limited amount of thread that I was using for this section and not with what I will lose do to the :ribbit: ing. I don't believe I will be able to use this particular thread. It was going to use up the last of the skein and I do not want to buy any more as it is not a favorite and has been in my stash for a few years. :x
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh that's nasty, we need another :anotherfrog: hunt.
Frog's legs and fries anyone?
Linda
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

mauveme wrote:Oh that's nasty, we need another :anotherfrog: hunt.
I agree!! Time for a :anotherfrog: hunt
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

You all really didn't need to send :anotherfrog: down under to me either thank you all the same. Maybe a big bonfire then tip the ashes into the sea- as in Alaska or somewhere far away please.

Picked up my Isabella's Garden (L&L) to do a bit more over the time between hardanger and started on her dress - ooopppsssss 1 stitch and 1 row to many in the 1 over 1 part of her neck/shoulder and its noticeable. So out came 3 colours of 2 over 2 and about 8 rows of 1 over 1. Oh well its back on track and I will get it on the frame tomorrow and set it up on my (Stitchmaster) floor stand.

Got out my Victorian Charm to try and do some more on the(still) horribly stiff 18ct aida but after 25 stitches which took 35 min to do, have decided to ditch it and get some more softer fabric and restart it.

Also discovered a couple of hours ago it was DD & SIL 16th wedding anniversary, a step GD's birthday yesterday and a dear friend back home in NZ turn 85 tomorrow = all forgotten about.

Anyone got a good memory they could lend me??? :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:
mauveme wrote:Oh that's nasty, we need another :anotherfrog: hunt.
I agree!! Time for a :anotherfrog: hunt
I'll third that!
And fortunate for me that I can post and read the last sentence in your post, Sally, or I probably would have forgotten what you asked :roll: Maybe one of the younger members can help us out with the memory thing. :doh:

Carole
:wink:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

A fourth hand raised. Ruddy :ribbit: ! I started work on a hardanger bellpull sampler for friends' new son, and I think I've unpicked more than I've stitched! :x :x

It's a perfect afternoon for a Frog Leg Feast!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Like I said in another post Grandma used to say that "you must have messed with the cat" when bad thing keep happening and at least with this latest square of my cake pattern I have had nothing but trouble. I am putting the project and the cat out of site for a few days and hopefully that will get the :anotherfrog: away. I restitched the area I had to :ribbit: a coupe days ago and there is now a new wrong stitch someplace.......ggggrgrgrrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror