hi from france

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

linotte

hi from france

Post by linotte »

my english can be good enough to discuss with you, but sometimes i'm tired and it gets... less good!

i'm 39 years old (not yet but soon), i'm divorced but not precisely single any more (but i take my time!... i'm in no hurry to remarry!), i'm crazy about cross stitch. i've practiced calmly for years, then, with the internet, i became frenetic and made nice friends...

i'm going to learn about you as the time goes by, i hope.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome! And your English is a lot better than my French.:oops: I hope you will meet new friends and cross-stitch fanatics from all over the world.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome from Canada. Your English is quite good, way better than my French :oops: . Glad that you found us. I have been stitching for 15 years or so. Right now I am working on a bellpull. What are you stitching at the moment?. Put some pictures of your stitching in the gallery, we love peeking at what everyone is stitching. Happy Easter and Happy stitching.
Linda
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Hi Linotte,
Welcome to the forum. I would agree that your English is very good - I'm afraid that my French is 'schoolgirl', learned a long time ago. :oops: Like Mauverne, I too am working on a bellpull at the moment, as well as trying my hand at Hardanger. Look forward to hearing more from you.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome too from SW France! I am English but now live here. Still struggling with French I'm afraid :oops: :? Your English is very good.
I love cross stitch too and am learning Hardanger with the help of my Forum Friends. Where do you get your threads and fabric? I still do mail order from UK.
SANDI M

Post by SANDI M »

:) Hi and Welcome. I'm from Australia and think your English is very good. I hope you like it here and make lots of friends!
Sandi
linotte

Post by linotte »

just like you wendy, i order often at sewandso... (too often!) :wink: french sites are not as much rich... but, i have a favorite spot in france where to buy stitching stuff, just because the saler (?) is a friend of mine, martine. her website doesn't show all that's she has in her real shop, so bad! :(
http://perso.orange.fr/laboiteabouton/

i like sales at 3 suisses too ("doremicado" catalog), when i can buy mayflower threads at 0.30 E each. i rarely stitch with dmc, i buy venus & mayflower most of the time. but i often buy kits by dmc, they're well fabricated (with sorted threads). :D
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Have you tried this site Linotte?

http://squarenews.blogs.com/linsanslaut ... index.html

I use Anchor threads, I had such a lot of them when I left the UK it would have been uneconomic to change to DMC. When I go to Toulouse there are some Wonderful craft shops there. French pattern styles are so different from English and American aren't they? So refreshing.I love the one colour designs.