X'mas XStitch Project

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

miriam

X'mas XStitch Project

Post by miriam »

I recently bought this book (yay, my first cross stitch book) and will probably try to stitch a few patterns for this coming christmas. In fact, I am already longing for christmas just by looking at this book!

Jilly

Re: X'mas XStitch Project

Post by Jilly »

I love The Snowman, I have the flying chart to do, My children used to do the dance in the living room and spin round till they dropped :lol: Last year My Daughter gave me the dvd for Christmas :dance:
miriam

Post by miriam »

Jilly wrote:I love The Snowman, I have the flying chart to do, My children used to do the dance in the living room and spin round till they dropped :lol: Last year My Daughter gave me the dvd for Christmas :dance:
The dance of your children is just charming! I can imagine it here, though I have yet to watch the dvd (must make it a point to get it for this christmas) My fave design from the book is probably the last one, where James stares at a melted puddle, though it wouldn't make much sense to stitch it before finishing all the earlier patterns.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Oh what a great book this looks, i love the snowman to hehe. Cant wait to see pics of ur progress on these projects if u pop them up.
mags

Post by mags »

Lovely book, I think Rose will be wanting this too. :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Rose

Post by Rose »

Your all going to think I am nutters but I personally don't like the look of this snowman. :gurn: Sorry I have the tape but have only watched it once because I just don't like how he was drawn. To all you who like this story I am very sorry for my opinion :silenced:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
freelady

Post by freelady »

Please don't apologise, Rose. What a boring world if we all liked all of the same things. That is what is nice on this forum - we can disagree kindly.
nettie

Post by nettie »

I have always been charmed by the story. How could any of us ever take offense on here Rose as freelady said the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. I mean how interested would we be in each others stitching if we were all working on the same project at the same time!

Miriam if you start any please post an SAL so we can all cheer you on
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

I saw a couple of those as kits on sew and so yesterday their really sweet, I contemplated getting them but my to do list is getting far to long.

I look forward to seeing yours in a SAL thread soon.

Rose I grew up loving that cartoon but both my daughters find him in their words "weird looking" but nettie and freelady are right it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing :)