Happy Advent

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

claire81

Happy Advent

Post by claire81 »

to everyone... I can't believe it is the first of December!
Today, myself and my children who at 6 and 4 are putting up the Christmas Decorations and are so excited!! almost as much as me :D :snowman:
wwdiva

Re: Happy Advent

Post by wwdiva »

Happy December 1st to you as well, Claire. As I have an extensive collection of Santas (214) and art work as well ( including many of my favorite large cross stitch pieces), it takes over a week to decorate the inside of the house. I time it so that it is done by Dec. 1st so we can decorate the tree together and then watch National Lampoons Christmas vacation. Silly movie but it breaks us up every year.
It's nice you have a tradition your family will always have great memories of.
Cheers :wine:
I wish we had a Santa smilie
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Happy December 1st :-)!

Advent will really kick in for us tomorrow when our village celebrates its Open Air Nativity and the village Christmas tree gets lit (and after standing around in the bracing cold listening to the Junior School choir and the Ladies' Choir and the Silver Band, and getting numb fingers because you can't turn the paper you're reading from while wearing gloves, we are then invited by our Minister and his wife to come and defrost at their house with coffee and tea and mince pies -- aaaaaah, bliss!)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Totality

Post by Totality »

Was a bit naughty this year as my daughter was meant to pick her calendar and she didnt get around to it so i've had to just pick her one today hope she likes it!! Am pleased to say i spent a ruddy fortune today but managed to near on complete the xmas shopping which is so stressful! next year i'm buying coal lol also wwdiva am totally with you on the national lampoons xmas movie every year we watch this and in recent years elf!! as for the the decorations i'll start getting them out but cant do the tree till next weekend as we needed a new one this time round.
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Happy Advent everyone :D

:wave: to everyone else who watches National Lampoons Christmas vacation from another lover of the movie.

I'm feeling worryingly organised this year. We're going away to the in-laws so I don't have to cook Christmas lunch and I've made all the main presents and bought my son's and DH's presents. I should really think of this as being a bonus as it gives me extra stitchy time instead of christmas shopping but at the moment all I can think is that I must have forgotten something....
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Happy Advent everybody :D

We all have calendars in my house even the big people! I love Christmas I can't wait, done most of my shopping too, despite having my husbands 40th and son's 18th to contend with!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow