help?

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

osler76

help?

Post by osler76 »

I am gathering bits to start joan elliotts green goddess but im struggling with seed beads and kreinik would u beleive that my local hobbycraft do not supply!!
And im wondering if anyone has any i could exchange or buy pretty please?
In kreinik i need#4 198 pale green, 850mallard ,3215 peridot, 5003 dragonfly
In bead seeds i need mill hill 00167 xas green , 0034 rainbow, 03021 royal pearl.

Hope someone can help ??
completed :
Praying hands
Indian elephant
virgin mary :)
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Re: help?

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

I'm sorry I don't have any of those threads to exchange. I just wondered if you had looked at Sew and So's website as they will more than likely stock these items. They are excellent and their delivery is super quick! I can't remember the last time I actually purchased anything cross stitch related from an actual shop - I get everything online!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
osler76

Post by osler76 »

Oh thanks will look on there i do have hobbycraft local but useless in these items lol so if anyone would like me to fetch anything i dont mind xx
completed :
Praying hands
Indian elephant
kell

Post by kell »

I was so excited when I heard we were getting aHobbycraft, but when it opened I was SOOOOO disappointed. In terms of stitching, they have only Anchor and DMC and some cheap bargain packs of unnamed thread - no silks, no hand-dyed, no Kreinik or even Madeira or Venus. They have a very basic range of cross stitch fabrics too - aida in al lthe counts, but only in a very limited range of colours. Linen and evenweave in only a few counts and extremely limited shades. And our store is MASSIVE - it's on two floors in our newest shopping centre. I could have cried with the disappointment. I was also horrified at the prices - you pay twice as much or more than you would online, I'm all for supporting my local craft and needlework stores, but they just can't compete with the range and prices online...
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Isn't Hull, Quebec across the bridge from the Parliament of Ottawa city? If so, I think there is a LNS that provides what u need in Ottawa.

socialsue :D
Mrs Milkybar Kid

socialsue wrote:Isn't Hull, Quebec across the bridge from the Parliament of Ottawa city? If so, I think there is a LNS that provides what u need in Ottawa.

socialsue :D
That might be a bit far to go - Ostler is in Hull in the UK! I always forget that places in US/Canada have the same place names as in the UK, it gets very confusing!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

Cleejoow

Post by Cleejoow »

I live in Belgium, and where I live, there is only one shop that sells cross stitch stuff. All double the price you would pay online. I only go there to get my work framed...
It is not normal what they charge here... a skein of DMC costs easily €1,20, hand dyed? They never heard of it... I agree with Mrs Milkybar Kid, Sew and So is by far the best online supplier I know... they deliver super fast and their stock keeps growing
Greets,

Bieke
http://cleejoow.blogspot.com/
updated 08/12/2016

WIP
Lickle Ted birth sampler - DMC
Pumpkin Passport - The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
some knitting as well :)
osler76

Post by osler76 »

Thanks all hobbycraft charge 75p for an anchor thread and 69p for dmc not too bad just useless for other stuff
Mrs milkybar thankyou for directing me to sewnso site they had everything i need and all for only £12 im really pleased :D i will be using this site from now on as i do cross stitch and cardmaking .
I showed my mum an she was pleased as she does quilting, cardmaking, knitting ,toymaking ,and much more so thanks a lot xx but still i dont mind shopping in hobbycraft if anyone needs x
completed :
Praying hands
Indian elephant
osler76

Post by osler76 »

Thanks all hobbycraft charge 75p for an anchor thread and 69p for dmc not too bad just useless for other stuff
Mrs milkybar thankyou for directing me to sewnso site they had everything i need and all for only £12 im really pleased :D i will be using this site from now on as i do cross stitch and cardmaking .
I showed my mum an she was pleased as she does quilting, cardmaking, knitting ,toymaking ,and much more so thanks a lot xx but still i dont mind shopping in hobbycraft if anyone needs x
completed :
Praying hands
Indian elephant
Mrs Milkybar Kid

For threads Osler you might want to check out Cross Stitch Heaven (they also have card making bits) and Across Town Stitching - now you know why I buy everything online!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Alice (Aury TM)

fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hi ostler76. I also live in Hull and I got my mill hill beads for Joan Elliot s poppy fairy in Hobbycraft at kingston retail park
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

kell wrote:I was so excited when I heard we were getting aHobbycraft, but when it opened I was SOOOOO disappointed. In terms of stitching, they have only Anchor and DMC and some cheap bargain packs of unnamed thread - no silks, no hand-dyed, no Kreinik or even Madeira or Venus. They have a very basic range of cross stitch fabrics too - aida in al lthe counts, but only in a very limited range of colours. Linen and evenweave in only a few counts and extremely limited shades. And our store is MASSIVE - it's on two floors in our newest shopping centre. I could have cried with the disappointment. I was also horrified at the prices - you pay twice as much or more than you would online, I'm all for supporting my local craft and needlework stores, but they just can't compete with the range and prices online...
Your HobbyCraft is a dream compared to our HobbySew - same scenario except they have (in a mammoth store) 1 bolt of off white 14ct aida. Some DMC threads (far from a whole range). And some Gutterman seed beads. They have 3 (I counted) cross stitch kits for kids. The store takes up a whole block and claims to be the stitching crafters strore ... BAH
Myst..