sorry another haed question

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

milkmaid

sorry another haed question

Post by milkmaid »

i'm just kitting up my haed ,well the fabric at the moment have a few of the threads
http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... 1a129553p3" target="_blank
and it's ment to be stitched over 1 on 25 count linen or evenweave ,don't have a lot of money using my birthady money andi really don't want to make a mistake ,
i don't think i'll be able to stitch on 25 count although i have a daylight bulb ,eye's tend to get tired
i've only ever stitched on aida before
i've got the account now on sew and so and am just going to order
went into a local shop and it was twice the price for 18 count and when i looked at the size of fabric ,it would have been huge ,so i think 22 count might do it linen scares the life out of me ,is it the same to work on as aida or which is closest
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran2883-0.html" target="_blank
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran2861-0.html" target="_blank
Ingahaim

Re: sorry another haed question

Post by Ingahaim »

I work my Haeds on 18 count aida, with 2 threads. I find the coverage pretty good and I have tried on 22 count linen and I didn't liked it. Too less coverage with one thread, bulky and hard to pull through with 2 threads.
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

No need for 'sorry' as we all ask questions, that is how we learn, the more the better. It is great that you have got a HAED, I love those charts and have quite a few, I always do mine on 18 count and love the finish, they loose nothing in the definition no matter what count you do them on, have a look on the HAED website forum and you will see them stitched from 11 count all the way up, it is really up to you, what ever you prefer to stitch with and honestly, it does work, I wouldn't have two on the go and just got four charts today if it didn't, (the charts were a late Christmas pressie)
One cross stitch at a time, just like any other, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, and if you have a question, just ASK!
I hope to tour the Western Isles this summer, you lucky girl living up there, I would move in a heartbeat.
Happy Stitching
Glen x
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

Yes I agree with Crafterglen no need to be sorry =} I don't have a HAED (yet) and I still find these posts interesting =}

Having stitched other things on the linen v's the aida I'd go with the 18count aida too. Confetti style complex projects don't seem to go well on linen in my experience.
Myst..
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

thank you
i've taken the plunge and brought the 18 count ,i'm sorry i ment 16 count at the local shop and i didn't want to go that big
thank you for your help :D