Crazy January Challenge 2011

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

K1nS

Re: Crazy January Challenge 2011

Post by K1nS »

OMG I am so jelous of you all right now! hehe. I wanted to take part in this myself but after having such a terrible and fast move from Swansea to Manchester in 1 day, I left quite alot of my stash there, uncluding some of my kits and aida so there was no way I could have put together 15 projects to start right now :(

Lovely to see so many of you taking part though, should be fun. :applesauce:
emilou87

Post by emilou87 »

Ok I have started my blog for this challenge for this today as well as starting my first one :) the mini photo frames shouldnt take too long to do haha http://emilou28.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

I read about this challenge somewhere else. Good luck to all of you. I will be sitting on the sidelines watching all of you and rooting you on.
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
kell

Post by kell »

Well, I only managed a little stitching time tonight, but you can see how I did HERE.
carladee

Post by carladee »

I've posted a day 1 update on my blog:

http://flossybobbin.blogspot.com/

I'm so excited that I get to start a new project every day! hehe :D
*~Carla~*

my blog
my Etsy shop

Currently Stitching - HAED - Hmpf!, Mario Sampler, Chatelaine - Deep Blue Sea, Song of the Weather SAL, Woodland Sampler SAL, L&L - Angel of Summer, Summer Tree of Stitches
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I finished my first Crazy January Challenge today due to the fact that I was able to stitch for 7 hours without interruption because my husband woke up sick. To keep myself busy, I just stitch this Toby Fox with a flower by "Woodland Folk". I will be giving it to my mother for her birthday so it should be in the mail by Feb 3rd in time for her to receive it along with her gifts. The photo is in

http://socialsue.blogspot.com" target="_blank

Looking forward to Day 2 !!!

socialsue
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I don't have a blog, so I started a new thread to keep track of my progress.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

socialsue wrote:I finished my first Crazy January Challenge today due to the fact that I was able to stitch for 7 hours without interruption because my husband woke up sick. To keep myself busy, I just stitch this Toby Fox with a flower by "Woodland Folk". I will be giving it to my mother for her birthday so it should be in the mail by Feb 3rd in time for her to receive it along with her gifts. The photo is in

http://socialsue.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

socialsue
Very cute! Which issue of Cross Stitch Card magazine is it from--I am due to get issue 75 in the mail soon and am hoping that is the one you got the design from. I love it! Great start on your stitching for the new year!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

I've posted my project#1 update :dance:

http://charmagne-lifeinstitches.blogspot.com" target="_blank

I'll also start a new thread for my 2011 projects and will also post the finished projects from this activity in there.

I'm really enjoying this!!!! :dance:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
Rose

Post by Rose »

Good work all of you and Super work to those that completed the first ones!!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

I just want to say, you're all crazy, and I'll be cheering you on the whole time. :lol: :hug:

You've all picked some great designs. :dance:
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

haha i have to back out..i guess being sick..and so tired from working holiday retail shifts, i read that it was starting january stitch 15 pieces by the end of 2011 :lol:
there is no way i can stitching 15 things in 15days :lol: :lol:
:oops: sorry about that :oops:

good luck to those still in the running lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Here is my day 1 update.
Currently I'm busy stitching 'Jungle Scamp', which is going MUCH slower than my day 1 project.
XandraS...
carladee

Post by carladee »

It most definitely is 15 projects over the whole year or I wouldn't be taking part! you just have to start one each day for 15 days then complete them during the year, I think a few of us have chosen some small projects mixed in with larger ones so that we can at least complete some!!! :D
*~Carla~*

my blog
my Etsy shop

Currently Stitching - HAED - Hmpf!, Mario Sampler, Chatelaine - Deep Blue Sea, Song of the Weather SAL, Woodland Sampler SAL, L&L - Angel of Summer, Summer Tree of Stitches
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

karen4bells wrote:
socialsue wrote:I finished my first Crazy January Challenge today due to the fact that I was able to stitch for 7 hours without interruption because my husband woke up sick. To keep myself busy, I just stitch this Toby Fox with a flower by "Woodland Folk". I will be giving it to my mother for her birthday so it should be in the mail by Feb 3rd in time for her to receive it along with her gifts. The photo is in

http://socialsue.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

socialsue
Very cute! Which issue of Cross Stitch Card magazine is it from--I am due to get issue 75 in the mail soon and am hoping that is the one you got the design from. I love it! Great start on your stitching for the new year!!
It is from Cross Stitch Card Shop, Issue # 73 August/September magazine.

socialsue
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

socialsue wrote:
karen4bells wrote:

http://socialsue.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

socialsue
It is from Cross Stitch Card Shop, Issue # 73 August/September magazine.

socialsue
Thanks for the info!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

carladee

Post by carladee »

Day 2 update is done (link in my sig), I have to say I am loving this, get to do loads of new starts without feeling guilty!
*~Carla~*

my blog
my Etsy shop

tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

coffee_freak wrote:haha i have to back out..i guess being sick..and so tired from working holiday retail shifts, i read that it was starting january stitch 15 pieces by the end of 2011 :lol:
there is no way i can stitching 15 things in 15days :lol: :lol:
:oops: sorry about that :oops:

good luck to those still in the running lol
No, I was just lucky to get one done. I won't be finishing my 2nd one today.. no hope! you start 15 projects from Jan 1-Jan 15 and then finish them by the end of the year :D
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

You're all mad!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck to you all with this excellent challenge. As with Mabel, Serinde and others, I shall be watching with interest from the Magic Bench.

:shamrock:
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

My day 2 of Crazy Jan Challenge is not quite done yet but is in my http://socialsue.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

It is called "Mr. Snowman and Friends".

I will wait until I am finished with the others before I go back to it and complete the design.

socialsue