So sad

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: So sad

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm sorry you had to make that difficult decision -- hope there are lots of lovely and loving memories of your friend!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:hug: It sounds like you were the best owners she could have asked for. How many others would have worked so hard to give her a shot at life?
Faith
caz78

Post by caz78 »

Thank you so much everyone. We are starting to get back to normal life a bit now. Still grieving obviously but getting easier to move around the house etc. All your kind words have really touched me and i showed my hubby who was also really touched. Somehow announcing her loss to you helped me, both through your kind words and by sharing her short life with you. It made like i was marking her passing, I hope that makes sense.

Our 6 year old son was a big worry but thankfully he has the resilience of an innocent child and has used his christmas money to buy a hamster! There was definitely a lump in my throat when i got home from work and found he and my husband had bought a honey coloured male syrian with white patches (honey had a white spot on top of her head that we called her kissing spot as we all kissed her there) and he has called him Honey. We can learn a lot about love and coping with heartbreak from children :love:
Completed April 2011 HAED Garnet QS
WIP HAED Wrath - started 14/4/2011
caz78

Post by caz78 »

Oh, and if anyone would like to see a picture of our little lady when she was about 6 months old i have a couple of pics in my gallery. Also one of my first cross stitch kits i did at the time as it looked so much like her. The stitching is now framed and sits on the bookcase and the foot of our son's bed. I like that i have that stitching to remember her by. She was mostly sat with me when i stitched it so it probably even has a few of her hairs accidentally sewn in. i would put a link to it but i don't know how and i don't want to upset anyone who would rather not see her picture seeing as she is no longer with us.
Completed April 2011 HAED Garnet QS
WIP HAED Wrath - started 14/4/2011
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I think your son is very wise in his innocence, and I hope this new Honey will get as many kisses as his much-loved namesake!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

caz78 wrote:We can learn a lot about love and coping with heartbreak from children :love:
Oh we certainly can! I don't know whether you've ever read this but it certainly brought a tear to my eye!
http://www.petsincondos.org/WhyDogs.htm" target="_blank

It gets easier as time goes on but I dont think you ever truly stop missing them.
dollystitcher

Post by dollystitcher »

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved friend Caz. :( I have lost several old pets in my years and always try to focus on the happy memories I shared with them. I also found, like you, that children are far more accepting and resilient than we give them credit for :)
Sarah...the quote from the vet is beautiful, and something I will always remember :) thank you for that. :wub:
Lynne
WIP
Woodland Enchantress
Leonardo
Ice Dragon King(HAED)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

So sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to know your son is adjusting well. Nothing to do but give it time. :hug: Very good that you have a piece as a memento of your time with your pet.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

So sorry for your loss :hug:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ive seen the photos..dropping by with another :hug:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I only know to well how that loss feels. ((((((HUGS)))))
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
Listessa

Post by Listessa »

I am so sorry to hear that. :hug:

I can totally empathize with your dog. I was diagnosed this fall with Crohn's (a kind of inflammatory bowel) so I can only imagine how frightened and miserable she was. It's hard enough being a person and understanding what the heck is going on when doctors can talk to you and you can read up on it. Poor pup.
You did the right thing for her, even if it's very sad.

I am glad she had such a great human to spend her time on Earth with! Dogs know when you love them that much. It matters.
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

I've only just seen your post about your poor little Honey – she was a beautiful girl who sounded as if she gave as much love as she received.

You and your family gave her a wonderful loving home, which with her illnesses a lot of people wouldn't have. Bless you for being so loving and kind. :hug:
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

:hug: lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family :hug: glad that your son is doing ok :) enjoy the little hamster!
:D smiley :D

WIP:
Still :shock:

snoopy birth present
knitting: witty knits, santa

2010 Finishes:
UFO: popcorn holding blankie
I love my pony, Linda Gillum
Cute Kitten, Adam Pescott
Mouse in race car, Lucie Heaton
Hi mom (golden retrievers), Linda Gillum
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

So very sorry. Poor puppy went through hell. It's a sad thing to have to do for an older dog. (I have done that a couple of times but they both had long lives). Doubly worse for a young dog. At least you know you did all you could.
Hugs :hug: to you and your family
Linda