floss amounts for HAED

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Fizzbw

floss amounts for HAED

Post by Fizzbw »

Got a HAED for Christmas - Merlin and Arthur! Very excited about it - have the fabric in stash, have most of the floss - mostly have only one skein of each - there is no information about how many skeins of each colour I will need - anyone got any suggestions, I'd rather have it all kitted up before I start!

Thanks

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Parksfarm

Re: floss amounts for HAED

Post by Parksfarm »

Very cool! My HAED charts have several pages that give how many skeins of each color the chart uses. Do you have your chart yet? If not, perhaps it will be in there when you get it...
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Yes I have the chart - in the list it has symbol, strands, type, Number and colour - I assumed the "strands" was the number of strands you do it in - I'll do 2 over 1 in tent stitch - unless it means skeins instead of strands??

Niki x
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

Just e-mail Michele and she will get a floss usage chart to you. Go to the HAED website and you should be able to get her e-mail from there. Also give it one or 2 days for her to respond.
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

My charts have three pages like you describe and then the next three pages give how many skeins of each color it's estimated to take...
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

def no thread usage chart in mine - but never mind, I've sorted it out with two skeins of everything and will e-mail Michelle in the meantime. Just very keen to start!!! *bounce bounce*

Niki x

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

My HAED didn't come with a floss usage chart either. Hopefully Michelle will be able to help you out... Personally, I don't mind running out of thread every so often.. It's a great excuse for a run to the craft store :wink:
Faith
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Yep, and more excuses to wind bobbins!!!! :applesauce: :lol: :P

Niki xxx

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

I think some of the older charts don't come with skein usage charts like the newer ones have.
Vega

Post by Vega »

I've actually narrowed this down...

Its appx 1 skein per every 3000 stitches. But emailing Michelle works just as well. She's really very nice about it. :)
ChicagoMay

Post by ChicagoMay »

I am only ordering 1 skein of the colors I need from now on because I'm know I'm going to be stuck with like 5 extra skeins of beaver gray and the like hahaa. I recommend just having one of each to start.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I got the reply and the floss list from HAED - very quick and appreciated! I've over done many of the floss (not that its a problem....more stash..) but a couple are multiples - one is 6 skeins!!

Am looking forward to starting soon!

Niki x

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Becca

Post by Becca »

I just bought one of each colour to start with, and then buy more as they run out.
Click the banner above to visit us at Crafts 'n' Creatures!

And my blog which is full of all my stitching