What the mail brought today!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kitkat

What the mail brought today!

Post by kitkat »

Excuse me if this post is a big rambling and excited....but today a box arrived and I haven't felt so happy in a very long time. I feel like I've been visited by the magical cross stitch fairy! Though on here we know her as parksfarm/dana ;)

I hope she doesn't mind me showing off what i got because i really feel like i can't contain my excitement for much longer :D

I got tons of fabric, both 14 ct aida and 18 ct aida and one even is 11 which is exciting i didnt know it came in that size and might be really a lot easier to see! These are the 2 smaller kits i got, the one on the bottom says "Life is just a bowl of cherries" it also has glass beads and a little heartmshaped charm or something that will be really exciting to try out as i've never worked with beads in cross stitch before!

Then I also got these 2 bigger kits, i love love LOVE teddy bears and these are so adorable I totally can't wait to start stitching all this cuteness! (Somebody on here warned me i would have "start-itis" soon and they were right lol)

I also got a cross stitch magazine with tons of cute designs in it, and a couple patterns some of country theme designs and some of cats, (another thing i absolutely love) i tried taking pics of them all but found it was hard to make much out because my webcam isn't the best quality and doesn't help that my hands shake when i'm holding it and anyway it will just be a surprize when i start stitching some of this up!

I truly just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you!!! And also to kinda show off cause i feel like dancing i'm so happy and somehow my girlfriend doesn't *quite* understand how much this means lol

I also want to say thank you to everyone on here, you all truly make my day, i don't get to leave my house often but i feel like everyday i come on here and it's like i'm sitting around a virtual circle of friends that i can share even tiny bits of progress with and it makes my whole day feel like i've done something, gone somewhere and connected with people in ways i don't otherwise get to.

Anyway now I'm off to stare at my newly aquired stash.....and see if start-itis hits @rotfl:
"give me a break" ;)

WIP--
"Balloon Glow"
karen4bells

Re: What the mail brought today!

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: I'm sitting here with a couple of tears in my eyes reading this!! What a wonderful thing for Dana to do and your excitement over receiving it makes it that much better!! Great stash and I do hope that you have a wonderful time stitching it all up!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

pamelam

Post by pamelam »

Dana certainly sent you lovely projects to stitch up! I can understand how much you love and appreciate everything! Have a lot of fun working on your new projects! :dance:
Pam
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh wow bless Dana for getting such great projects for you and I can feel your excitement coming through the computer. With such a wonderful new lot of stash, where would you start first??

Looking forward to seeing them as you progress with stitching them up.

Well done Dana too.
Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:dance: Yay for new stash!!!
Faith
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

:dance: :dance:
Happy for you!!
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

So glad you're loving it Kat - it was my pleasure to send it to you! :D :D
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Rose

Post by Rose »

Looks like some great projects!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

They are all beautiful!! I hope you have as much fun playing with them as you did receiving them!! What a wonderful gift!! :D
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
agi

Post by agi »

Great stash :) :dance:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What a wonderful stashy gift! Shall look forward to the SALs... now, where is the magic bench? :thinks: :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely gifts!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

What lovely gifts, im sooo jelous :lol:
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

What wonderful stash! I can understand how excited you are, I LOVE getting exciting goodies like that in the post. Can't wait to see what you choose to stitch first although I can see you'll have a struggle to decide.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
hada56

Post by hada56 »

Very nice, seems like you'll be in cross stitching paradise soon!
(BTW, I wanted to leave a comment on your blog, but was unable to. )