Q Snaps

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Corey.G

Re: Q Snaps

Post by Corey.G »

I've tried q snaps and actually I dislike them. I found the q snaps to be too bulky and after a while, for me, they're uncomfortable to hold and heavier than a hoop. I love my hoops and that's all I use.
Jamielea

Post by Jamielea »

I bought my first Q Snap style frame a few days ago and I think it's fab. I don't think I'll ever go back to using my hoops. I'm going to stock up on a few more too as I always have more than one project on the go :)
Lea x

W.I.P
Exotic Butterflies (Dimensions)
Humphreys Corner Birth Sampler (Anchor)
HAED Tiny Treasures Kitten 2

Projects Lined Up
HAED QS Twillight Shimmer
HAED QS Face of Faery 75
HAED Purrfect Morning
Becca

Post by Becca »

I have one of the plastic snap frames from sewandso and I love it. I find it really easy to hold and it makes it a lot easier to stitch and makes my stitches neater.
Click the banner above to visit us at Crafts 'n' Creatures!

And my blog which is full of all my stitching
clockwork

Post by clockwork »

I use my q-snaps fairly regularly. They work ok. I actually use them mostly because my floor stand handles them very well. One thing I don't like about them is how much extra fabric you need to get them to stay tight. I've done the thing where I sew extra fabric around my design but I didn't like the extra work so now I usually use the q-snap for the middle of my project and hoops when I'm doing bits that don't fit in the q-snap. So I end up stitching a big square or rectangle of the middle of my design and then going around the outside one hoop-full at a time until the project is done.

I also agree that they're hard to hold. When I first got my q-snaps but didn't have my floor stand yet I couldn't use them for more than a hour or so because they hurt my hands and wrists too much. But I still appreciate having them in my arsenal of fabric holding things.
~Clockwork~

Cute Stuff! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ClockworkStitcher" target="_blank" target="_blank"

WIPs
House Mouse series
Frog Pile
Dimensions Gold Collection Aurora Cabin (on hold)
Imme

Post by Imme »

I also have a Q snap frame and haven't returned to my hoop since. I currently don't have a floor stand (come on Christmas :wink: ), but I hold the top of the frame with one hand and use my chest to hold the bottom and prop up the frame. This takes most of the weight off your hand/wrist and easily puts it on your chest. I found I has done this with the hoops as well so it might be just the way I like to stitch.
dinagriff

Post by dinagriff »

Thanks for the idea and suggestions. I'll have to try these.
Dina
Sugar Land, TX USA

Current WIPs:
Mill Hill Schoolhouse
First Kiss Bookmark