Mirabilia chart help

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

carolyn61

Mirabilia chart help

Post by carolyn61 »

I just received my chart for Mirabilia's chart, "Lady of the Flag". The directions call for 32 count (stitched over 2) French Lace by Wichelt Imports. Stitched area is 21 1/4" X 10 3/4". Can anyone help me with an equivilant color and size needed if I wanted to do it on evenweave over 1. I'd like to do it on 25 ct. Would a fat quarter be sufficient? What color is French Lace? The photo looks like an off white or anitque white. Any suggestions? I'm still playing with the HAED design Pansies Ouick Stitch. It's done over 1 on 25ct. I thought this might be a good bridge over to the smaller stitch and see if my eyes could handle it.
Thanks in advance.
Carolyn
Rose

Post by Rose »

Here is a site that should help you to figure out what size material you will need. I would have done the calculations for you but they need more information then what you had provided and besides you may want to book mark this so you can us e it in the future. If you do lose the address the link is in the Wanted Section under the thread titled "Internet Sites"

http://www.discountneedlework.com/Tips/calc.htm

If this one does not give you the information you want there are 2 others in that same thread that might work better. Hope this has helped.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

With three inches on either side you would need 17 x 28. Off hand I can't remember the size of a fat quarter! (Doggies must have gotten me up too early!) Here's a link to a place where you can test out the pattern on different fabrics to get an idea of what it would look like.
http://www.stitching.jekdesign.com/FabricChoices.html

Just pick her out of the drop down and then you can go through lots of different fabrics. I find this is pretty true to color, with an allowance for slight variances in hand-dyeds.
carolyn61

Post by carolyn61 »

Thank you ladies. I'm bookmarking both links. Very helpful. Have a great day today.

Carolyn