All Set-Up

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

All Set-Up

Post by Rose »

Well after much decision and re-arranging I have my craft room organized, in a set-up that I think will work best for me. Have taken a bout 15 pictures to show you how it is all looking. My webshots link will take you to the new pictures. The first 15 are the new room and the others are what I had before.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mags

Post by mags »

Oh wow, what a lot of stash and room :D

Mine is a bit dropped off :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
agi

Post by agi »

That's amazing, Rose!
Must have been a great work to organize all that! Well done.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Good Lord! Did you rob a Michael's?? I think you win the prize for the most stash! :lol:
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

WOW :shock:
You have more stash than my local craft shop, that's amazing, I could get lost in there for days :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

*sneaks into Roses stash and raids* Forget going to hobbycraft, I'll just raid your house!

How on Earth do you keep it so neat? *looks at her living room and the bunny food and toys everywhere, and her bedroom with books and magazines scattered all over the floor* The neatness is...astounding.

I like your wonderous room.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I love it Rose but I have an overwhelming urge to come poke about in there. It's such an aladdins cave! :shock: I don't even have a good stash shop to go to, so it would be a kindness to let me, don't you think?

Being in that room would sort of be like being given the keys to a chocolate shop :wub:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Angel

Post by Angel »

I think being in that room would be more fun than visiting the cadburies chocolate factory ^_^
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oooh I am so envious......... :mrgreen:
Linda
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Amazing, Rose. Now, tell the truth, is it ALWAYS that tidy?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Just how BIG is this room??????? I know it was your son's room and you took it over but Crikey!! I Am So Jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What a stash and Will it stay as tidy :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lucky you!
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

Now that's what I call organised Rose - it must have taken you ages!

I've decorated the spare room to eventually put my meagre stash in - at the moment it's full of stuff from the other bedrooms while I paint those - I should be sorted around Christmas if I'm lucky!

Paula xx
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ok now i'm envious!! great job and you should be creating lots of things now!! :lol:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

*gasps for breath* what a room! what stash! what a source of green-eyed envy if I was at all susceptible to that sort of thing which of course I'm not!

Rose, what an absolute dream of a room -- please can we come and rummage?

It would be lovely to have a separate craft room *sighs*, but with two teenagers and a business-from-home that's unlikely to happen in a hurry. At the moment my stash occupies an old wooden workbox, three shallow drawers in an old specimen cabinet, and one third of an ikea pine chest which also holds my old school and university stuff.

Stil, it's lovely to know that someone, somewhere, has such a room and that we may dream of one day emulating her :-)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well thank you it is a wonderful thing to have. The room is the biggest bedroom in the house even bigger then my bedroom but of course mine has the bath in it.

I have been collecting the stash for over 30 years I had some collected since I was still in school so it has just grown in volume. I did not realize it was this big until I started arranging it. :shock:

Unless I am in the niddle of it doing a project yes I do keep it this clean. I like organized so I can find stuff quickly. The pictures I won't show is when we use it to sort out the papers and stuff for the tax man. I hate it. I have to shut the door and walk away as the jumble of piles makes me crazy.

My doors are open anytime you drop in for a look. I like to share. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

Right.... *gets out the map and tries to navigate to Roses house to rummage through the stash* Is anyone in China? Just in case I get lost.

My gramma had a stash room, but it's nowhere near what you've got Rose. And I'm usually cautious of something falling on me...
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Wow its huge and im glad someone else likes a clean organised room, i cant work if its messy at all lol.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Don't worry, Angel, you won't get lost. *gives Angel special long-life battery sat-nav called tomasina*
Angel

Post by Angel »

*has read about sat navs directing people into rivers* Are you sure I not getting lost?