The Sweetheart Tree

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lacemaker2004

The Sweetheart Tree

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Has anyone else done any of The Sweetheart Tree kits? I bought two, both new designs so the materials aren't old, one a knob knocker and one a biscornu. I've been working on the knob knocker and have been a bit disappointed in the thread supplied. It's supposed to be DMC but I'm having a terrible time with it knotting up. I'm using one strand and have tried using shorter lengths, dangling and thread heaven and it still knots up and also is fraying! I've even had knots on knots! On the last piece it actually knotted about three stitches into the lenght!

Their projects are cute and the kits aren't cheap either. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this trouble or is it just me?
Alyson
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have no experience with this company. I am so sorry to hear of all the trouble with the thread.

How was it packaged? Was it wound on anything? If it was wound up you could try unwrapping it and letting it hang. I have, in the past, unwound the floss and hung it across the bottom of a hanger and ran my fingers through it to loosen the threads and have them less likely to wind up.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

No unfortunately it came just kind of loosely coiled up...if that makes sense. It hangs straight. I think it is more an issue of it being older and more dry.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I have no experience with them, but they are very popular, sounds like a rogue batch or some external influence on the threads, very stange.
Is it all the threads, or just some colours?
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

So are I've only used three of the colors and they are all doing it. One that I haven't used yet is a hand-dyed from weeks so we'll see if that one does it too.
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

I've never used them - I'd be tempted to contact the company and complain.

Paula xx
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well sorry we are not having any help so far but, If I get a brainstorm I will be sure to let you know. :x
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

How odd. Sweetheart Tree has a very good reputation. I would contact them. If it is a matter of old, and dry, stock, perhaps hanging it in the bathroom when you shower is the answer? :wink:
Last edited by Serinde on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

That's a thought!