Cross stitch with beads

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

blackaraknia

Cross stitch with beads

Post by blackaraknia »

I need to find someone who has done a cross stitch with beads. :?
catkin

Post by catkin »

Hi nice to talk to you. I think quite a few of us have worked with beads me included. Look under the tips and tricks section."seed beads" Youl find a bit about beads there.

Joan
welsh wendy

cross stitch with beeds

Post by welsh wendy »

Hi :D

Ive had a few goes at doing this and at first I thought I would never do it but then it was easy the only problem I had was that some of the beeds holes are not the same so it was pot luck to find the right size for my needle. :twisted: The Geisha girl in my gallery was the first attempt I dont know if the beeds show up or not.

Good Luck :)
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi Blackaraknia

I have done afew projects with beads and i love the effect that it gives the finished project. i agree with Catkin there as there is some good points in the "Seed beed" topic. If you are really stuck give me a shout

Debbie
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Blackaraknia

When stitching on beads to a cross stitch, I use two threads. Start of by coming up from the back to start the first half of the cross, thread your bead onto the needle and then complete the first half of the cross as normal and come up from the back to start the second half of the cross, complete the second half of the cross ensure that one thread goes either side of the bead.
Hope this explanation is easy to understand.
Dawn-Avril

Post by Dawn-Avril »

Hi, I use that thread that is very simular to fishing line ( cant think what its called) the very fine one so that you cant see it and it stops the bead from giong down the hole.
Dawn-Avril
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

Thank-you for your suggestion Dawn-Avril 8) . I will try to look in to that and find out what it is called. Maybe someone one the forum might know what it is called. :wink:
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

i think it might be invisible thread....

There is a long thread titled seed beads, and all the various options were discussed.

Have a look at my angel in the gallery, that was my first attempt with beads!!!
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

Thanks for the info. I will look at your angel when my problem with the gallery is fixed. I will have to look for some of the invisible thread and at the thread on seed beads. Thanks again purple-footprints and everyone else who helped I am now very happy. :D :D :D :D :D :P :P
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

I just wanted to add, that I didnt actually use the invisable thread myself. I used two strand of the ordinary cross stitch thread, in a colour that was similar to the bead. In the case of the angel i did, I used white.

I also used an ordinary sewing needle, like youd use to stitch on buttons, for example. I didnt bother with beading needles.

I had no problems at all, and managed to get the needle and the two strands through each bead easily!

Good luck to you when you do your beading.