Help Pattern Maker Version 4 Printing

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Melissa D. SC

Help Pattern Maker Version 4 Printing

Post by Melissa D. SC »

I imported a picture and when I was done it came out saying
28 count 12" x 16" approximately

I printed a template and that came out 4 sheets of paper by 4 sheets of paper...I am not sure what dimension that printed though....

I am almost a quarter of the way into the project working on 28 count Aida and my completed work on my canvas is almost identical in size to what is on my template...I am thinking it should be bigger than or smaller than...I can't figure out which way it is off.... I am actually stitching 2 rows over and 2 rows up for each square on my template....(for some reason, this is what I assumed you always did on 28 count.....keep in mind this is only the 3rd project I have ever done)

What I can see is that my template has a good 18 inches left of stiching to the right side and I only have about 6" of space left on my canvas....

I went to the cross-stitch store today she said what I had printed out was "Petit Point"....meaning I should be only going over one row and up one row to make a stitch..... she said to reprint my template to 14 count....

I see on page set up there is an option for Size using specified stitch....
Is this where I would change it to 14? I printed 3 pages and had too stop....it was sooo tiny...it says it will take 16 pages to print.....

How can I get the print large enough to see?
Rose

Post by Rose »

I hope I have read your question right. If I did it sounds as if you have confused aida cloth with evenweave/linen. Aida is already set up to work as one square for one stitch(X) with you going over two then you doubled the size you would need for a completed project. With evenweave or linen you have the option of going over one or over two. So it is a different type of cloth.

I am not familar with the program you are using. I us PC Pro and I print all my for in the 14 count dimensions as it is the easiest for me to see. I don't tend to care how many pages it takes just as long as I can see the squares. Not knowing how your program prints I can't really help you with the size. But you should have the option to print a single page to show you how big or small it will come out and then you could adjust it from there.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Melissa D. SC

Post by Melissa D. SC »

I think you are right that I must have Evenweave...

I think I am printing at the 14 count but it is still small and I cannot seem to figure out to make it larger with my Epson printer.

I'll keep pokin around. Thank you for your help.